T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title should cause some controversy. But I'm looking for a company that can supply a 240gsm Premium Combed Cotton T-shirt Comparable to Luxe-T. I would hate to have to use Luxe-T based on the fact that most start up T-Shirt businesses in my area are using them. But when searching in the states, I can't find a comparable product. I spoke with a representative at one of the major factories and he mentioned that, American Companies can't compete when it comes creating a garment that thick based on the fact that most use open ended machines to create the garments because of labor. And that anything higher than 6.1oz/sq.yard would have to be outsourced. With that being said, do anyone know of a company in CHINA. That can provide such a garment and that can match the quality that Luxe-T produces with comparable overall or even cheaper prices?

I'm looking for a 240gsm (or higher), Premium Combed Cotton, Ringspun T-shirt Manufacturer other than Luxe-T. As they outsource theirs from China as well, and I need more color variety that what they offer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Truthfully, it is difficult to have only 300 from a China Manufacturer, and in most cases is not worth the hassle. They require atleast 1000 usually, however, samples are made before the final production is made so you can do your test with those.

·
2,957 Posts
My suggestion would be to find the fabric that you want. You can even get it imported if you can't find it domestically.

After you find the fabric (you can even use sourcing agents for this) there are american factories that will sew your garments for you. Especially with just 300, it will be extremely hard to get an overseas manufacturer to do this for you.

The biggest expense in the production of a shirt, whether it be domestic or foreign construction, is the fabric.

If you are able to find the fabric that you are looking for, again sourcing agents are great for this, let me know and I will give you a great contact on having the shirts sewn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let me break it down real basic and simple. Luxe-T is a one of a kind. You can't and won't find the quality that they provide. If you need a good quality tee you're going to need a Luxe. The word is spreading and they are what's HOT!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning,
Luxe has been out for a while and where I'm from Luxe is played out.
Noone really uses them to much,because of price.
I have found to shirts that are 7.1oz and 7.2 made in bangladesh.
The only problem is they dont have multi colors blk,gry,white,lightblue,.navy.
Ive been in the tee shirt business since early 2000 so as great as LUXE
is charging $35-$50 FOR a tee in this economy is getting hard.
So if your interest,maybe ican talk to the guy and set something up.
But base on price your minium may have to go up.
Eric

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts