T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find a replacement for my ProClub shirts. I found out about Luxe-T's about a year ago. I just figured they would be way too expensive to use as blanks.

Since I have become increasingly dissatisfied with proclub I thought that I would consider the Luxe-T again. It is a GREAT t-shirt. 7.2 oz 100% combed cotton. It's really soft and comfortable. It also has the PERFECT fit for what I want.

The problem, of course, is the price. I have applied for an account and they said it was going to take a couple of days, and they couldn't give me pricing until I was approved. They require each purchase to be at least $1,000. That's okay. But like I said, the price of the shirts is the problem. I know that their MSRP is $12 per shirt. So I'm guessing that they wholesale them for about $6/shirt.

I've been selling my shirts in the $20-25 dollar range for the designs on proclubs. I want to keep my prices in that range, and affordability is one of the goals I state on my site and in my mission statement.

Should I raise the prices of the shirts to make the same amount of profit before I go live with the site? Or keep them the same and hope that they will really sell because they are excellent quality shirts, but not make as much profit per shirt?

Suggestions please!

Also if anybody in interested in Luxe-T:

www.luxe-t.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
I guess it depends on how much more it will cost. And I think if you're using a better quality shirt you can justify the price increase as long as it isn't too much.

I would just make sure to post a statement in the news section telling everyone that you are using a higher quality shirt and I wouldn't think people would make such a big fuss about the price increase. I know I wouldn't.

I think as long as you are changing brands to make your company a higher quality company it'll go over well. People generally want to see the company they buy from looking out for them. If you stuck with the same shirt and raised the price I think you'd have a problem, but as long as you have a reason it shouldn't be that big of a deal. You may lose a few customers because ofthe price increase, but they probably weren't going to stay around long anyway.

It took awhile to pick the shirt we were going to use also. I marked our shirts up $1 to cover the cost increase, but it wasn't that much for anyone to really notice I guess.

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I haven't actually started selling online yet.

I think the real problem that I might have is that I've already got lot of shirts printed on proclubs, and now I might be switching.

How would I handle that online? It would be the same designs, just printed on a more expensive shirt. Maybe wait until all of the proclub inventory is gone, then switch to the luxe-t?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Greg

I know I am responding to your message after almost 9 months. I hope you are still working to bring good tshirts to market and these suggestions help you.

First, can you tell us why you were getting dis-satisfied with ProClub?

I found Proclub with nice thickness and good quality. T-shirt was slightly less soft than Luxe-T. One of two t-shirts had slight blue tint. Even though Luxe-t I bought had finer combed cotton, color was pure white, thickness I believe 215gsm, did not feel thick. I think customer would prefer proclub, as they will want to feel the thikcness. I know some customers like tight collars, I am not too found of tight collar personally. So I am not sure what you did not like about ProClub.

As far as higher prices are concerned, I am sure that would affect some sales. I find price a key factor in customer buying habit. However, if the customer is looking for quality and they know they would pay for it. I find many people consider ProClub quality and pay much higher price for it. So Luxe-t should not be any different.

When I brought Hood 7.6(215 gsm) I had realy rough time selling it. Once my customers saw the thickness, and the quality of the t-shirts, I ran out of it in no time. People are still asking for it. I kept raising the prices and t-shirts still kept selling. Luckily, Hood 7.6 had thickness of ProClub and softness of Luxe-T. the collar was not too tight and quality was great. All this helped.

The key is, customer must know what quality you are selling and have to have a good perception of it. So you will have to introduct the quality of Luxe-T, to be successful. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where can I find the Hood brand shirts that you were talking about? I am in search of shirts like you were talking about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found that Members Mark brand is great but they ae hard to located. SAM's Club is the only place I can find them right now. The cost is $5.43 a shirt!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use TALHA, SAAD, and New 1 York collection as my blanks. Looking to manufacture my blanks soon. Sounds great! We are currently supporting the underground market but would love your help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RGo said:
Where can I find the Hood brand shirts that you were talking about? I am in search of shirts like you were talking about.

I have only few left. Some of them have slight pink tint, so I did not sell them. Basically, it needs a wash and the pinkish tint comes off.

I am in the process of making some more. However, it may make take some time to do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe on Yodaddy website, they do say, they replace the brand, if the brand you want is not available. I have not checked their website lately, but this is what I noticed last time I saw it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Since I have become increasingly dissatisfied with proclub...
Hey COS, I'm curious to hear more specifically where the ProClub did not fit your taste. One of my relatives got her hands on one over the weekend and it looked pretty good on her, but there were a couple of things i didn't like about the shirt:

1) the collar stich is pretty big (compared to Luxe-T which has a much smaller stick in the neck)
2) the shirt wasn't that wide (it hugged her sides - granted, she's not skinny, but i would have like to see the shirt hug her less)
3) the sleeves, while roomy, have that straight cut, so you still get some space between the sleeve and the side when your arms are down

now she had an XL, so maybe i'd really like the ProClub 2X or 3X. i started my initial batch of shirts with Gildan because, at least at 2X and 3X, the cut is generous and yet not too heavy. however, i hate how they look in L, XL, and in general the collars are too big.

I don't think you can go wrong with Luxe-T and I'm glad you can afford them (lol). in any event, i hope you can shed some light on why ProClub is no longer your choice.

Looking forward to your website's grand opening. peace.

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the reasons you just mentioned. I don't really like the neck. It is a little to thick.

I also agree that it could be wider. It's not just the XL, they all are that way.
They have this "straight down" thing going on from the arm holes. They seem to run a little small. I find that people that normally want a 2XL, think they are too small, and have to get a 3XL, because of the sides hugging like you said. I fixed this when I started to have them relabeled by just labeling them down a size (proclub 2XL became my XL).

Don't get me wrong, they are good shirts. I love the feel, and the durability. They just don't fit my needs exactly.

The luxe-t is great, as well. But I won't be using those either!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts