T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone suggested lunarpages.com for my web hosting. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other suggestions? I'm really looking for stability, not price. Thank you

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use Yahoo webhosting for my website and I have never had any problems. They have alot of different packages and even have tools for you to build your site that were fairly simple to understand. I went with the small business package and I think it was $30.00 a month. I built my own site using the tools availablehttp://www.Logo-Mechanix.com

John

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
To answer your question, I've only heard good things about lunarpages support and performance. I usually recommend them to clients that I don't host on my own servers.

If you are looking for long term performance and don't mind paying a bit of a higher price for it, I would also suggest looking at pair.com hosting. I've used them for a couple sites for over 6 years and they have been the most stable with the best support I could ask for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your reply. It's always great to have a number of well tested choices and suggestions from those with experience.
notyetdone

·
Registered
387 Posts
Good evening everyone . . Hope everyone had a super and productive day . . .

I have been using http://www.ixwebhosting.com since April 2004 . .

I haven't had any issues with any of my web sites being down . .
their package deals are affordable as well . .

It don't hurt to check them out

Diane ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use lunarpages. They're great. What they offer is Open Source, extremely powerful if you know how to use it....unfortunately I don't, so I'm missing out on a lot I think, but they're pretty cheap. The disadvantage is that you pay up front, not monthly so you have to cough up a couple hundred bucks...which really isn't too bad. They're uptime is almost 100%......I've never seen my site down. I've never had a problem so I don't know how their customer support is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been using Lunarpages for about 2 years and recommend them to my clients when they ask for webhosts (I don't get anything for recommending). I did a lot of research and they really seamed best for the money. Their support is very good, 24/7. If you have any specivic questions feel free to send me a private message.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I am currently using gotwebsitehosting, THIS WEBSITE IS COMING SOON! GET YOUR $6.95 DOMAINS @ WWW.WEBSITESPOT.COM! but made this choice after checking several companies including lunar.

Here are some of their advantages:

You don't have to sign any contract
can cancel at anytime
and get a 30-day money back guarantee.

They have about 3 shopping carts already included: oscommerce, cubecart, and agora

You get php, mysql, fantastico

You can host two independent sites like first.com and second.com with one single plan. (that's what I am doing)

and they offer 24-hr technical assistance and 3 plans for $3.00, $8.00, and $15.00.
(I had compared them with lunar but chose them instead because of the flexibility and reliability: uptime 99%)

So far I am satisfied with them and my 2 sites are up.

I hope this helps.
http://www.lifewhispers.com/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all the great suggestions and input. I will check into and compare all of the sites mentioned. What a great service this forum provides ...it's a community of terrific people.
thanks,
notyetdone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is a good site to check independent ratings on different web hosts.
http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/

To be fair to lunarpages.... they have 99.9% uptime, php/mysql, 24/7 telephone and email cust. support, fantastico, angora & oscommerce shopping cards, 30 day money back guarantee. They do have a contrtact for as few as 3 months, but if you think you'll have your site up for a while it's no big deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts