T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the process for t-shirts that Lucky Brand (for example) uses? The design has no hand feel to it. When I stretch the shirt, it appears the fibers of the shirt are dyed. They use both dark and light colored shirts. The printer I use has no clue either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like your talking about dye-sub if it is on a poly shirt, or direct on garment on cottons. The dark shirt prints aren't that thin though usually with DOG prints. Or I suppose it could be the (can't remember name now) where they bleach the fabric and print the textile inks in place. Discharge printing, thats what it is called. That technology comes and goes. There seems to be alot of complaints about the odors and such. Oscar

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know the process for t-shirts that Lucky Brand (for example) uses? The design has no hand feel to it. When I stretch the shirt, it appears the fibers of the shirt are dyed. They use both dark and light colored shirts. The printer I use has no clue either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
It is definitely Discharge, not many US printer do it.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!
Could be water based in screen printing or discharge screen printing.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!
the shirts are printed with dischartge inks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts