T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help on this -- i can in this morning and the printer says to lower right lever-- it is already down -- i have pulled all the cartridges and cleaned - put back in and it does not recognize that i raise it - it thinks its already raised-- where is the sensor for this and is it replaceable ?

it is an original neoflex 1- 4880 based

any help would be appreciated- if anyone has had this happen to then

thanks

Jim
Discount T-Shirts & Embroidery
479-846-5800

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks this helps - i was thinking something like this - i ordered an ink bay just in case- i am also having trouble with the maint. tank-- it now thinks there is no tank- i have replaced and reset many chips and no luck- i even unplugged the ribbon cable and checked it on the maint tank sensor-- i cleaned all contacts and have also had no luck - i ordered a tank sensor also-

any chance these are fine and it is something on the board?- these both happened at about the same time and was that way one morning when i came in-- now that i have the maint tank error- i never get to the lever error - i will investigate this weekend- thanks for the picture John

Ill keep you posted

Jim

· Registered
213 Posts
Wait till you get top cover open error!!!!
i have had this issue a lot, its likely the sub-board that sits behind the maintenance tank. Unplug the connections and clean them with alcohol and lint less cloth, let i dry before plugging them back in. also careful not to strip or bend the connection tips. if that doesn't work you may need to replace all or some of the cables, either the ones going from the sub-board to ink bay(which I've done twice and rather pull my eye's out)or from the sub-board to the motherboard which is the fatter wires. if that doesn't work, replace the sub-board and if that doesn't work replace ink bay sensors last resort since it the biggest pain to change. some cases you may need to replace the motherboard but highly unlikely. something along the way is making a bad connection and giving you the error, i have suffered with this problem since day one, though after replacing the sub-board it has gone away.... for now... *knocks on wood*
if the connections look good like not corroded or bent, replace the sub-board first probably easiest fix since the wires are a pain to put back in place.

why they put a sub-board behind the maintenance tank is beyond me:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.