T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,978 Posts
I don't think there is a scale. It isn't so much poundage it's more like how much effort is involved in closing the press. Light pressure only requires the strength of a couple of fingers. Medium pressure requires the strong use of one hand. Heavy pressure requires 2 hands. Some presses do have pressure gauges on them which would give you precise pressure every time.

· Registered
2,978 Posts
If your gauge goes from 25 to 60 pounds then 25 is your lightest pressure and 60 would be your heaviest pressure. Somewhere in between would be medium pressure. So if something needed say light medium pressure I would say 35 to 42 pounds with 42.5 being medium pressure.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand your thought pattern here but if pressure guage goes to 120 does that mean 60 is the middle? 120 is heavy there has to be information thet would state 60lbs = heavy I am looking for a chart that would identify light medium heavy.

· Registered
2,978 Posts
I'm not aware of the existance of such a chart, but stahls manufactures presses with pressure gauges on them, you could ask them. In the meantime, take your lightest pressure and subtract it from your highest pressure, then divide that number in half and add it to your lightest pressure and that will give you the middle pressure. The rest is just guessing. There are gauges that measure pressure, but I'm sure they are quite costly, but you might want to invest in one of those. I have to guess on my presses because they don't have automatic pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.