T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Thanks. They were looking to see if anyone sold neon low cure ink at work and I mentioned that I had seen an additive for regular plastisol. They're afraid it won't hold up.
It holds up well as long as you mix correctly. I wouldn't mix brands myself as looking at MSDS years ago in noticed the international coatings and Excalibur inks had different chemical make up. I switched to Union Maxopake and never looked back which all cure at 300F.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was going to ask about low cure. I'm pretty new to screen printing myself as I do mostly DTG, but I have a setup from Ryonet with plastisol ink and it came with a low cure additive. So to be correct I can mix a little with the ink in my screen and use it on a tri blend shirt? Just wanted a little conformation that I'm on the right path.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We use a really good Dye-blocking underbase that cures at 320degrees so you can just use regular plastisol on top without additives. Never have to worry about dye migration and we print polyester every week.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We use a really good Dye-blocking underbase that cures at 320degrees so you can just use regular plastisol on top without additives. Never have to worry about dye migration and we print polyester every week.
Is it that black underbase that people use on sublimated shirts? That's actually a good alternative too. That stuff is really expensive but it would probably be cheaper than buy low cure inks in all the colors you might need.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it that black underbase that people use on sublimated shirts? That's actually a good alternative too. That stuff is really expensive but it would probably be cheaper than buy low cure inks in all the colors you might need.
No, it's a white dye-block plastisol from our supplier in the UK. We've tried loads of different brands but this was by far the best.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It holds up well as long as you mix correctly. I wouldn't mix brands myself as looking at MSDS years ago in noticed the international coatings and Excalibur inks had different chemical make up. I switched to Union Maxopake and never looked back which all cure at 300F.
wish I had seen this sooner. added Excalibur LCA to some wilflex lava white and many other colors and just had a customer complain of the ink coming off in the wash. cured those at over 300 too when the LCA said it could be cured at 270. I even used a heat press for 20 seconds at 300 after already curing them through my dryer just for the flatter print and it still washed out.

can't get ahead. like I have the time or cash to redo an order for a customer. FML.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts