T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I'm new to this site so I'll apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I have managed to loose my design and cutting software, I was using magicut 6.0 and managed to loose the usb as it snapped off my keyring.

I've not been doing this long, only a few months. What are the chances of Magic touch sending me a new software usb free of charge? Surely it wont be a problem since they have my details and I've paid for the licence to use their software?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I am not sure.. I would read your contract. I highly doubt they will send you a free one because they have no idea if you lost it or not. You are telling us you lost it but how do we know you just don't want another one for a different computer.

many of the usb key are linked to the usb software and they don't just replace them without some sort of monetary compensation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think there was a contract, I bought the equipment through ralawise and never arranged for magic touch to install, I did it all myself. The only contact I've had with them is for training and tech support.

I thought perhaps they would charge me, I wouldnt mind a small fee and would happily pay delivery. But I'm just a bit dissapointed as it seems the plastic on it snapped, it was quite flimsy. To pay full price would be a huge setback since im just starting. :( I guess it wouldnt do any harm to ask.

If this is the case could anyone recomend a cheap software I can use with my graphitec cutter and oki printer? Or a company that would replace the software should the same happen again? I went for magic touch as I believe they are quite friendly and helpful, if I cant get the help I need for my business I'll happily go somewhere that will offer it. I want this business to work, not fall apart because of cheap plastic. :(

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I have digitizing software that was very costly and the usb key is plastic as well.

I almost broke it off too.. so I got a usb hub and put it in the back of my computer so its outta sight and not in the way.

I would give them a call before you buy new software you never know. Every company is different.. did you have a warranty??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See my problem is i work on a laptop and take it home to work on of an evening, it was easier to keep on my keys so I always knew where it was, but that didnt turn out to be the best idea!

Again not sure of a warranty, ralawise litteraly took my money and got magic touch to deliver. The only thing i do have is they will have me on file as a customer, so lets hope and pray! I just wish their offices were open at the weekend, I have work to do and cant do a thing :/

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you lost it altogether... you're pretty much toast friend. If it's BROKEN and you have the pieces, however, they may have a deal where you can send in the broken one and they replace it with a new one (after they take out the chip or whatever they need) for a fee of 50-100 bucks depending. Otherwise they are going to make you buy a whole new deal because they won't risk you selling your spare copy for 300+ dollars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've raided my workstation home and bag, absolutely no sign. The depressing thing is all the software is on my laptop, its just on startup it checks for the usb. All i need is the access code provided by the usb.

At least the orders are coming in, I guess paying for a new usb will just take a chunk out of the profit im making. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again guys,

Well iv got new softare on order with Magic touch, it should arrive tomorrw. Nice £440 set back there :/ I may be able to get some sort of credit from the company however to help me out, got a guy who knows them quite well going in tomorrow so he's gona see what he can sort for me.

However I'm interested in Corel Draw, I've heard it mentioned quite a bit and believe its a good program. Am I correct in thinking it will work with my graphitec cutter? Is there somewhere I can find info on how to use the two together?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts