T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just realized that my fonts are gone..... had a computer meltdown on sunday and managed to get some info off..... now i'm on a new laptop and trying to set it up to where i can work.....

so is there some free package fonts that i can download..like download 25-100 fonts at a time?... i know theres the individual fonts i can skim through...but is there a place to get a bigger bang for my time.......

i'm running a pc and mainly use photoshop.......

so far i'm like 2 days behind....grrrrr......... almost had my catalog done but it's going to have to wait...

b

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you got SOME info, maybe you could get a little more and retrieve the windows/fonts directory? I am sure you have tried this though.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i managed to pull off my main folders...... but i cant get the old laptop to boot back up and stay stable...... i think the harddrive is toast........ i'm going to try again tonight...but havent had anyluck since sunday...

b

·
Registered
214 Posts
This site has 6,500 fonts in one download for 20.00$, good deal, but it'd be a real pain in the *** to search through while designing.http://www.downloadfreefonts.com/fontfiles/afonts.htm

Do you have firefox? You could just go to that 1001 free fonts site, click on 50 or so at a time, and let the download manager handle it while you take a nap or watch tv.

In regards to your computer, you could download an ubuntu livecd, and load it as a live cd, and search your hard drive without actually using it, as the live cd will run off ram alone. You may be able to burn to cd if you have 2 drives, barring that, you could still access the internet with it and email stuff to yourself.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i use firefox.... i didnt know there was a manager on it...hahaha.... i'm still trying to figure out the change from 2000 professional to vista....grrrr....

i just need to make sure none of my other files are corrupt though... i still need to get cs on the puter

b

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, 1001fonts.com or dafont.com has a pretty good library of fonts, but not in any packages. the only easiest thing that i can possibly think of is using torrents to download some pretty legit font packages. but on the the hand, i'm not really endorsing that since its not so legal to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts