T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the site and would like to start with a question about fading ink-jet transfers. I use an HP printer with Vivera ink cartridges and some of my created transfers have faded tremendously after the 1st wash. Is there something I may be doing wrong:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Actually Vivera is pigmented ink. So it should work. Another member has had no problem with his. Some of the problem may be the type of transfer used and or the type of shirt. I have been talking to another member and we both found that AAA shirts with hot peel transfers suck..

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Some of the problem may be the type of transfer used and or the type of shirt. I have been talking to another member and we both found that AAA shirts with hot peel transfers suck..
Interesting that different combinations of transfers and t-shirt brands/styles can have an effect on the final output quality.

Actually Vivera is pigmented ink. So it should work. Another member has had no problem with his.
I read that another member said after the first wash, the colors didn't come out well. Then I read that they work better on dark shirts. So it could be related to what you said before...with different shirt brands/transfer papers/in combinations, you could get very different results.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
If you can, it's probably best to do a test printing, press and wash test to see how the printing and durability holds up for your specific setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts