T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everywhere I go online, it seems that Wacom is the uniform choice for tablets. No problem, I can run out to Micro Center and pick one up.

The only dilemma I have is deciding between the Graphire and Intuos. It sounds like the Graphire will do everything I need and also the Intuos is also almost twice as expensive. Can anyone say for sure if it's worth paying the extra money for the Intuos? I don't mind doing so if the differences are that vast, but if not I'd like to use the extra money for supplies and inventory if at all possible.

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have used both and see little difference in the quality of construction and they function near identically. I would go ahead and spring for a larger 6x8 and if you have the extra change think about picking up the bluetooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with the Intuos 6x8. I absolutely LOVE IT! Granted, it was about $200 more...but the real selling factor for me were the shorcut keys and the two year warranty (double that of the Graphire) on the Intuos. Also, CompUsa only had the 4x5 Graphire at the time...so impatient me wanted the bigger one, NOW. :)

In general, there is a bit of a learning curve on using the tablets...but after awhile, it becomes second nature. Both are USB / plug&play...but make sure you install the CD that has the drivers. I say that because the tablet will work as a mouse without doing the CD install, but you need the drivers in order to customize your stylus and the shortcut keys on the tablet.

Based on the quality of the Intuos, I'd say the Graphire would probably do pretty well too...so I'm not much help on saying whether the Graphire holds up to the Intuos. But I can say this: Stick with Wacom for your tablet. And from everyone I talk to, they prefer the tablets to the "draw on the screen" type tablet pc's that are out now. (Not to mention those new things are a ton of cash.)

Hope this helps!

Adam

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welp, honestly the best way to go is the Cintiq....but most of us don't have the cash to do that. I used a Graphire and that worked well for me....plus it has a little clear sheet that you can lift and place over another sheet so you can trace something........an original picture maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts