T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing Sublimation and HTV for about a year and have been think about getting DTG. I don't know where to start and don't have a bunch of money to work with. I have a DK20s press so I'm OK with that and for PT I'll use a spray gun but the printer is where I'm hung-up. Looking around for a used machine but some folks are asking gold prices for machines that need new heads or don't even work anymore. Can anyone please give me an idea where to look that I won't get ripped off.

Thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you have a sublimation printer then you only need a white toner laser printer and the Image Clip paper for darks and lights to make prints onto cotton shirts.
A lot cheaper then a DTG printer and less maintenance.

Reactions: custom101prints

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm not sure what problem is to be solved with a DTG other than the ego trip of having one. There are many alternatives at a fraction of the cost. I've always liked the concept behind the Katana DTG whose price has crept up to the lowest priced domestic major vendors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We had a DTG worst mistake we ever did!!! We purchased it new and did all the training we spent more on crap coming back cause it was not holding colors after washing. White was a headache because they market this machine to do printing one shirt or two but if you don't use white everyday and even then not enough then you'll have to replace a print head which wasn't cheap. It cost us more on maintenance than anything. we ended up selling it for what we owed on lease and were doing a happy dance to be rid of it.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
I agree, we made money with it but it was hell doing it. We Sold it for $3500 (DTG K2) and warned the purchaser that it wasn't a good buy but he wanted it anyway. We replaced that type of printing with either plastisol transfers or solvent printing with a VersaCamm we purchased which has yielded far higher profits without the maintenance headache of a DTG printer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new...I'm going to sublime my own T-shirts. Anyways, What shirts did you use when you were doing Sublime? I am not going to sell the shirts I just want to make my own and save me some money stop ordering from other people and getting the designs I like.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm new...I'm going to sublime my own T-shirts. Anyways, What shirts did you use when you were doing Sublime? I am not going to sell the shirts I just want to make my own and save me some money stop ordering from other people and getting the designs I like.
There's nothing sublime about sublimation! Just wanted to point out that using the correct terminology is sometimes quite important when trying to get help. So, "sublimate" and "sublimation." Got it? Goooooooooood. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.