T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided to get a DTG inkjet printer as my printer for my market & online t shirt business.
I dont want to buy online but somewhere in Australia to a dealer so i can make contact with.. if you know any dealers of dtg printers in Australia
can you please give me there contact info :)

Thanks heaps in advance!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention Sign Technologies are located in Queensland. Direct Sign Supplies are in W.A and I believe they have the same dtg printer and a few more.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know a bloke who just purchased a full set up of a Kiosk 2 with only 50 prints on it for 4.5k full refurbed. I do know of ohters around for approx 5k at present. To be honest if I was to spend that money I would spend a bit more and get a VIPER. I got a new Kiosk in Jan 08 full set up for that new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

I was just going on advice of a price to advertise. :(

At this point in time, we would accept any reasonable offers (as we thought we had an agreed sale in December 08 before we moved interstate).

Cheers:confused:

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
If you like DTG brand earlier products, Instead of buying from DTG AUS buy from Mastermind in Japan is right choice. DTG was started by Mastermind products (US Screen first. Steve (AUS) made a deal with Mastermind which Steve could resell to USA to SWF & MESA). Now these days Steve (Aus) started make his own (?) with engineering firm and sell to DTG logo printed machine to SWF & MESA in USA. Will Mastermind be happy? Therfore Texmax borned. (Happy EBM machine dealer). Too many middle man makes hard to keep up. I could be little off but someone should proof me I am off track.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
"I could be little off but someone should proof me I am off track."

I do not want to off track from this thread.
wrong? where is the proof (LOL)? Wrong on grammar?
Yen is very high now against Dollar. AUS $ is weak. $1 : AU$1.28 some months ago it was almost 1:1.
International currency rate often change purchase location. Importers or Mfgs.
Bad time to buy from Japan and good time to buy from AUS.
If XSTCX want to buy DTG from AUS. Make sure AUS seller do not know printer will forward to USA.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Another advise is
1. Check USA price and local price. Apply curruncy rate.
2. Deduct: Tax in USA is minimum on printer Shipping air will $1000 plus minus on Epson 4880 base long bed as mine 270 LBS (this is all I know). smaller machine will be cheaper. It will be easy to find out. Contact forwarder and give weight and size.
3. Deduct warranty value for you because you only will have Phone or forum support.
4. If you purchase many (as a group) you may save big bucks on shipping and deal. or you will find out it is not worthy to do all that hassles. Let Middle man make some money.
This is middle man's fear always. slip between gap. I experienced myself many times when I had exclusive dealership in USA on other machines NOT on DTG. Well~ that is economy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why would you import from another country? You wouldn't get the support from the local distributors.

I agree, if it's manufactured in your country it would have the highest level of support since the engineering would be done there in addition to a direct line of communication without getting lost in translation.
These machine are quite involved and not cheap so you want make sure that down the road the manufacturer is close by ( without needing a passport) to keep your investment running.

·
Banned
877 Posts
A good point of contact for you would be:
Arakis Inkjet
Mr. Jay Chinchen
2 William St
Unit 1
Beaconsfield
NW
Australia
[email protected]

They can help you a lot and are very informative with DTG printers.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
348 Posts
THe thing I do like about the Viper as Don said you can print 2 at a time there is no double loading and you have then time to get other things done whilst printing. We have gian on average 3 hours more work time in a 10 hour day beacuase of this. This means while it is printing I can go and fold shirts, pretreat shirts and not have to rush back to push load again for the second layer nor re load the second shirt. 2 sets of platens is very good as the second can be ready so when it is finished you just take away, put the next on push load and print. The statr removing and pressing the already printed shirts and re load again. Virtually 20 seconds between printing 1 set to the next. Less down time is more production = m,ore money $$$$$$. LOL

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Since you are from AUS. Does Viper available in AUS? If so how much? Or are you in the circle?
Yes its available in Australia. It was developed here! :)

Grant would have to answer how much, as I haven't purchased one *yet*.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about a live video printing a dark shirt on the viper?
It's worth a 1000 words, right!

As an example here a 12 x 10 image being printed on a black tee in 2 1/2 minutes.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnslzzy-HxQ[/media]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts