T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My wife and I are doing well right now with heat pressing our shirts but are having to turn some potential customers away because of not being able to print on black. We eventually want to add a screen press and a vinyl cutter when funds are better. Our designs are simple and all of the ones we want to screen press are one color. My first question is that since our designs vary in size depending on the shirt (From 3x3 to 6x6), can we gang designs on a single screen? We gang them when we print for our heat press and usually can fit 3 or 4 sizes on one sheet. Can we gang them and than tape off the ones we don't want to use?
Also, I am looking into making my own press (I am somewhat handy when it comes to wood working) and I would like to know if the screen actually touches the shirt? I am going to go to a shop and look at a press before I try to build it but as I have been looking I haven't heard this mentioned yet.
Your help is appreciated.
Jason

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Grayhead said:
Can we gang them and than tape off the ones we don't want to use?
Yup.

Grayhead said:
I would like to know if the screen actually touches the shirt?
Some printing is on-contact, some off-contact. If you can build a press that is adjustable that would be best, but if not then a slight off-contact.

Grayhead said:
I am going to go to a shop and look at a press before I try to build it
Definitely a good idea :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just made a gang screen recently, and put probably toomany things on it, but it has a bout 12 different small, 3x3 or thereabouts images on it - for onesies, etc....I am having a hard time blocking them off, and then trying to figure out how to repostion the screen on the press to print on theplaten. becasue some of the images are in the middle, side, top, etc....how do you guys line things up? does this make any sense???

·
Banned
54 Posts
Hi,
I am T-Shirt graphic designer, screen printer and manufacturer of all hosiery items for all genders/ages.

I have complete set up to knit, dye light and dark colors, screen print on light and dark colors, packing and forwarding and shipping.
The price is best in the industry and delivery is around 1 week.

I will be at great pleasure to serve you in all aspect and you could rely on me for all T-Shirt needs.

Please respond for more details,

Best wishes,

K.Ravi
INDIA

Hello,
My wife and I are doing well right now with heat pressing our shirts but are having to turn some potential customers away because of not being able to print on black. We eventually want to add a screen press and a vinyl cutter when funds are better. Our designs are simple and all of the ones we want to screen press are one color. My first question is that since our designs vary in size depending on the shirt (From 3x3 to 6x6), can we gang designs on a single screen? We gang them when we print for our heat press and usually can fit 3 or 4 sizes on one sheet. Can we gang them and than tape off the ones we don't want to use?
Also, I am looking into making my own press (I am somewhat handy when it comes to wood working) and I would like to know if the screen actually touches the shirt? I am going to go to a shop and look at a press before I try to build it but as I have been looking I haven't heard this mentioned yet.
Your help is appreciated.
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts