T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've been looking at various wholesalers and haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of getting a manufacturer to cut and sew an organic tee for me in the Los Angeles area to do a sample run. Does anyone know a company that could do that or suggest a wholesaler (apart from American Apparel)?

Thanks,

Denis

Hippo Works

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Denis,

There is a manufacturer in Erueka, CA called Pacific Rim, tel #: 707-443-9335.
I tried to email them, but got no response, maybe you will have better luck.

Also, try Blue Canoe - www.bluecanoe.com, they are wholesaler, pricy, but they have great colors.

Let me know if you are able to get in touch with Pacific Rim.

Thanks,
Aimee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aimee -
I've been able to contact Pacific Rim successfully. Just started investigating what they can offer. They are not manufacturing (at this time, at least) organic clothing blanks, but seem to have access to different mfgr. options overseas. Hope that helps!
Mary Jo

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is there something about American Apparel that you don't like?

I know you said you wanted a manufacturer to cut and sew, so do you not want an already produced shirt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do want a finished organic blank, like that offered by American Apparel. I am currently working with them, but am trying to find other sources. I'd like to see if I can get better pricing, better response, and perhaps even better quality, though I've been overall happy with AA's quality. Seems like a tall order, especially if I seek to keep production within the US or at least Fair Trade. It's just good business to keep abreast of sourcing options, that's all. And I'm new to the industry, so I'm trying to make sure that I'm aware of all of the organic options, of which there aren't too many.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I do want a finished organic blank, like that offered by American Apparel. I am currently working with them, but am trying to find other sources. I'd like to see if I can get better pricing, better response, and perhaps even better quality, though I've been overall happy with AA's quality. Seems like a tall order, especially if I seek to keep production within the US or at least Fair Trade. It's just good business to keep abreast of sourcing options, that's all. And I'm new to the industry, so I'm trying to make sure that I'm aware of all of the organic options, of which there aren't too many.
You could also try:

article1.net
econscious.net
bambooclothes.com
htnaturals.com
Continental-Usa.com
haenow.com
organicapparel.us
organicclothes.com
sosfromtexas.com

Just so you don't think I'm super smart, I found those all in the organic tagged topics here at the forums :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Dennis,

I've just finished screen printing on women's organic shirts from Hae Now. They look terrific. I had great feedback from my customers. I am also looking at another company in the USA called earthcreations.net. They are a bit pricey, but very high-end. -- Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bare apparel is super legit on the fashion end... and pple like the shirts from what I hear.. depends on what you're gonng spend. If the girls like the shirts they will pay... it all depends on what market your focusing on. RELIK apparel had awesome shirts but have not set up an account yet for the wholesale list. Girls like the good stuff. That's all there is too it. So if there's some leeway in your retail price per shirt I'd check out both. I'm into the burnouts that are long. It's in style. Nextlevel is my go to right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts