T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for, and having a hard time finding, children's blank t-shirts that are NOT the standard cut, design, colors. It looks as thought Alternative Apparel once carried a line of children's shirts (which looked like the perfect fit)- but no longer does.

Please no links to American Apparel- they are not the company I'm looking for.

thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Mariah, can you explain *exactly* what you're looking for. "Standard" is kind of relative :)

What is it that you DO hope to find in terms of cut/design/colors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a very soft feel to the 100% cotton fabric (finer/thinner fabric OK). The sleeves could be rough and unhemed. For girls cut the sleeves might have a small poof at the shoulders. The link below shows you almost exactly what I'm looking for from Alternative Apparel (now discontinued). The hem is on the outside of the long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt has a different look to it. Their styles seem to have an alternative touch that AA, or Hanes do not have.

I hope this clarifies my request.

Small companies with slightly higher prices are ok.

Thanks-
Mariah

http://www.alternativeapparel.com/default.aspx?id=82&productid=196&categoryid=26

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link. This is the kind of company and style of t-shirt I am looking for. The only problem is that they do not offer children's sizes (3-24m, 2T-8T).

Do you know of any other company?

thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Sounds like you may need to get something custom made to fit those specifications (if you're looking for quantities of 1000+ pieces, this might be the best route)

I don't know of any company offering blanks like that all the way down to the children's sizes. Like you say, the closest I've seen is AlternativeApparel.

I know AlternativeApparel does custom sewing work. Maybe they could create something for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I will look into custom shirts, but please do keep an eye/ear out for those alternative kids shirts.

-Mariah

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I found after doing some- but not extensive research- is that I'll/you'll have to have custom shirts made. There are several cmpanies that will gladly do so for a slightly higher cost but not too much more than their stock shirts. I can't remember the companies I found- project was put on hold as a baby is on the way and no time or energy.

let me know if you find anything that would be of interest to us- I'll be back in the game in a few months.

thanks-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mariah said:
I am looking for, and having a hard time finding, children's blank t-shirts that are NOT the standard cut, design, colors. It looks as thought Alternative Apparel once carried a line of children's shirts (which looked like the perfect fit)- but no longer does.

Please no links to American Apparel- they are not the company I'm looking for.

thanks
california basics has a line of childrens blank tees they seem to fit nice to. hope this helps. have a great day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts