T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :

I've got a Hix Presto 15 heat press, have ordered an Epson 1280 printer, and am looking for good wholesale sources for :

1) t-shirts (mainly white, natural, and ash, but a few light blue or light green as well)

2) transfer paper (I hear the TransJetII and MagicJetII are good)

3) archival/pigmented ink for the Epson 1280 (I've heard good things about MagicMix ink - any other alternatives?)

Thanks for your help!

Steve

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
1: There are several. Probably the favorite (and what I use) is S&S Activewear (www.ssactivewear.com). They've got good prices and good service -- I did actually have them ship me 2 shirts of the wrong color a few days ago, but when I told them about the problem they shipped out the shirts I was supposed to get right away and even told me to go ahead and keep the others.

Otherwise, you can check Brodek & Rhodes, Broder Bros, etc. Google 't-shirt wholesalers' or something similar... though I'm sure some other forum members will add their input too. Also, do note that you will need a valid sales tax license to be eligible for wholesale pricing.

2 & 3: http://personalizedsupplies.com/. For clarification, Transjet II and Magic Jet are the same paper, but she had to call it something different because the top level manufacturer gave exclusive rights to the name 'Transjet II' to another company. She also makes the Magic Mix inks which are specifically designed for t-shirt transfer.

The only real disadvantage to Magic Mix is that if you're using the pritner for other things, the MM inks cannot print on glossy paper. Other than that, they can handle normal printing fine, but if you're going to be using the printer for both glossy and t-shirt printing stick with the Epson Durabrites which are a close 2nd best (with the color profile adjusted when doing shirts).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.