T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I've torn down my R1900, but was curious if anyone had the PDF plans I keep reading about. I'm relatively familiar with CNC machines, but some of the details regarding the conversion escape me.

I am reading through the posts, but most posts keep referring to the "clue book" or "pdf plans", all of which appear to be taken down.

Were they taken down for a reason? Does anyone happen to have these available anymore? I'm mainly interested in the platen setup/design, ASF and PE sensor setup.

But if anyone happens to have the PDF they can send, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Dan

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
It was created but from my understanding and i could be wrong the plans materialized into a commercial machine and were sold so all the copies have been taken down. You'll have to find someone to send it to you.

I use to have a copy but can't seem to find them

·
Registered
88 Posts
@ Paul - Thanks buddy. Appreciate the offer! I managed to find v2 but was hoping someone may of had v3. Not that I feel I would probably be comfortable at this moment at tackling v3 but I am just trying to gather all the notes I can so I basically do not bulls up my first build! ha.

@ Frank - Thanks too. I will have to find a spare week to read through the 300 pages of the License To Thrill thread! I did read the other thread (all 76 pages of it) where the guy took off from the forums not finishing his teardown and build of his printer though I was a bit skeptical of the skateboard wheels when I read it. Sure he was a nice guy but a bit annoying to see him dissapear. We still have German here so thats great. Seems like a really genuinely nice bloke so hats off to him as the poor guy has probably been asked over a million times over the years for help!

If anyone does come across v3, I would really love to take a look at the plans, but seems those plans are like gold dust now! I live in hope :)

Better get reading my 300 pages lol.

All the best
Stephen

PS. Frank, liking the look of your build. Looks solid! Are you using an R1400 there(?) as that is what I am looking to build as my more serious first build (forgetting the C40 of course). Busy Christmas for me I think as I just saw open source plans released for a Metal 3D printer too so should be a fun project to get stuck into - not sure why I decide to torture myself with these things as never been good at making things...eek!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Stephen. my build is an Epson r1800,, I have 2 of them, the other I will convert to eco solvent ink to do flatbed printing such as laptops, cell phone cases and so on. Good luck with your build. Currently I am waiting for my timing belt and a cpl of pulleys to finish the job,,, and some luck!

frank,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Frank! I'm a bit daunted by my first build but it will be completely worh it if I manage it. Also, I just read for 2 hours solid the thread on v3 and I see no instructions or drawings. Am i to presume they have been removed? I know German sent Randy a v3 prototype and then Randy said he would post details of the build (i.e. v3 clue book information) and then I see nothing more. No photos or info at all. Confused and tired after all that reading and a bit deflated now!

·
Registered
88 Posts
No one will send you plans. I know as I asked too. You need to read. I spent days reading and still have lots of questions. Search for the clue book and if you are really desperate, you will find plans for sale online but they are not cheap, and neither are they of particuarly good quality. Buy cheap printers, take them apart and teach yourself. I have bought 7 printers and each and every one of them will be being dismatled until I have taught myself how to do it.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
It not that anyone won't send most didn't save them. They were removed because I believe the plans were sold and were used to make a commercial product and part of the agreement was that the plans be removed. Although they were not on my PC there is a chance it's stored on my server. A Christmas miracle may happen. I'll turn on the server later and check but no promises. I will post if I found them but they will have to be emailed and not uploaded as they were removed for a reason.

·
Registered
88 Posts
PS Sorry if I sounded harsh, just didn't want you wasting your time. Plans are a closely guarded secret but I don't know why. I really do not see the point in guarding them so closely. If your t-shirts / designs are of that good quality, you should be able to sell them without worrying about someone else using the same build plans to make their own shirts. Having said that, there is a lot of paranoia floating around for some reason and it appears everyone considers the other person competition, aside from a few genuinely helpful people I have spoken to. DTG printers take a lot of TLC so this is a good argument for you to learn how to build your own, but when all you want do is run your business but cannot afford £10k for a commercial printer, all you want are plans.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Frank. That is very kind and generous of you so my thanks again. However, I do already have the clue book and service manuals. My frustration really is that unlike some people on here, I do not really have all the time in the world to read pages and pages of threads, and the 2 threads that I have read, upon landing on the last pages, I either found that projects had been abandoned due to people leaving, or that trying to collate information from the suggested threads was like searching for a needle in a haystack. I am all for paying my dues, and I have invested in 7 printers now to take apart as I know it will be a learning curve, but when I know plans exist outisde of the clue book but nobody wants to share them, then thats when I get annoyed. I realise some **** sold the plans to a company and now they are patented but that doesnt stop me getting annoyed, especially when I know people must have copies of them. I like many others simply wanted solid plans without having to go through printer after printer to learn. Nobody takes apart printers for fun do they? And I cannot afford to buy a mountain of printers to keep testing with. Frankly, in light of people having left and/or having sold plans, I really find myself questioning the purpose of these forums really. Everyone wants to help but no one wants to give away the golden nuggets of information. Shoot me down if you want but thats my opinion. As I said previously, if your t-shirts arent selling, then you probably shouldn't be selling t-shirts so share the plans around. For me, anyone wants the plans I have, just holler, no prob to me. I met the same kind of attitudes a few years back when I first started making surf wax, no one wanting to share recipes but in the end I figured it out myself. Rant over anyway. And thanks again Frank, and other such as Paul and German who without you guys, I'm not sure anyone would even own a DTG. Freedom of information on the internet? Pfft.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.