T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, we currently have Epson F2000, and looking for a large printing DTG, I haven't seen any Epson or Brother options which would be larger than 16x20 in, but I have seen that some of Kornit printers have large printing options, also the automatic pre-treatment part is very attractive.

So my question is to the Kornit owners, is it only for big productions? Do you have big printing machine or regular? Any problems with large area printing? How difficult is the printer maintenance? Is it only for big productions or if you have 3-20 printings a day it still works? Is it safe to leave printer not running over the weekend or it will be clogged on Monday? What model should I consider? Any alternative printers with large printing availability?

If there is too much trouble with maintain Kornit and it's only for big productions, does it make any sense to switch to Epson F2100 or to new Brother? I am also of course looking to increase printing speed, any of this machines worth of switching from Epson F2000?

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

I recommend the Breeze entry-level Kornit which is planned for small daily production. With a maximum print area: 14 x 18 in.

Is it only for big productions?
The Breeze, No.

Do you have a big printing machine or regular?
Yes I have been working on Kornit for 9 years. I have customers who have breeze to whom I prepare the files, tell me a reliable machine.

Any problems with large area printing?
When the machine is well maintained no problem.

How difficult is the printer maintenance?
No difficulty, just steps to respect early in the day and end of the day. And periodic maintenance to do, like any machine.

Is it only for big productions or if you have 3-20 still works?
If head cleaning is done properly no problem, but it's true it's machine are expected to turn as much as possible to lower maintenance costs.

Is it safe to leave on the weekend or will it be clogged on Monday?
Same answer as above.

I hope that that will be able to help you

Regards,
Sebastien

· Registered
164 Posts
Hello, we currently have Epson F2000, and looking for a large printing DTG, I haven't seen any Epson or Brother options which would be larger than 16x20 in, but I have seen that some of Kornit printers have large printing options, also the automatic pre-treatment part is very attractive.

So my question is to the Kornit owners, is it only for big productions? Do you have big printing machine or regular? Any problems with large area printing? How difficult is the printer maintenance? Is it only for big productions or if you have 3-20 printings a day it still works? Is it safe to leave printer not running over the weekend or it will be clogged on Monday? What model should I consider? Any alternative printers with large printing availability?

If there is too much trouble with maintain Kornit and it's only for big productions, does it make any sense to switch to Epson F2100 or to new Brother? I am also of course looking to increase printing speed, any of this machines worth of switching from Epson F2000?

Thanks everyone!
This is what Kornit in Germany write to me when i ask the same think!
This is the mail :

"
Thanks for getting back to me.

Kornit’s Breeze, our entry level solution, pays off at 30-50 shirts a day, which is an amount where you seem not to be at right now – but maybe in the future?

All Kornit printing systems have an integrated pre-treatment, this is unique as Kornit has a patent for that. This means, you only need the printer and a dryer. No external pre-treatment or heat-pressing needed! Implying as well, you only need one operator.

The price of the Breeze is at 59.000€. I mentioned that we would like to do a personalized ROI calculation with you, as even though the price seems quite high, you always need to calculate also the labor costs, electricity, etc and also keep in mind the purchasing and selling prices of the garments. Kornit is also producing its pigment inks by themselves – taking the consumption prices into account, the Kornit solution is less expensive than the competitive solutions.

So you see, it makes sense to calculate your project individually. If you are interested now or in the future, I will forward your inquiry to the sales department.

If you like, we also invite you to a personalized demo in our showroom in Duesseldorf. A first impression gives this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpzc4YHBIw

I am looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.