T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking into starting my own label and i have a couple of questions for everyone.

im thinking about starting a T company that caters to the urban market, I have been looking into proclub shirts but havent had a chance to get my hands on one, from what i can tell proclub shirts run fairly large like long tees, can any one confirm this?

i also want shirts thats are more slim fitting, recently ive been buying a lot of GAP basic tees, the ones they have in the plastic packaging by the boxers and tank tops. i like the soft cotton and fit of these shirts (long and slim fitting) anyone know where i can get this product wholesale or something similar?

im also looking for information on obtaining a tax id number or resellers license (same thing?) how much does it cost? do i obtain it from my local government? can i get it without having a registered company?

and finally, any screen printers in miami? i want to work closely with a pro so that i can learn directly, im willing to pay for my materials and your time i will make my own screens and press them myself.

sorry if this has been covered, i ve been searching and lurking but havent found definitive answers, i have been looking for a forum like this, thanks to whoever started this
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,700 Posts
f to the soong said:
proclub shirts run fairly large like long tees, can any one confirm this?
That's what I've heard as well, but you'll want to order a sample for yourself so you can be sure your idea of "fairly large" is the same as theirs. Here's a thread about proclub with their contact info.

anyone know where i can get this product wholesale or something similar?
There are many manufacturers of this type of style. AmericanApparel and AlternativeApparel are two that come to mind.

im also looking for information on obtaining a tax id number or resellers license (same thing?) how much does it cost? do i obtain it from my local government?
To get that you would need to contact the State Board of Equalization for whatever state you're in, assuming you're in the US. They will tell you the pricing for your state.

can i get it without having a registered company?
I think so, but you can contact your State Board of Equalization and they'll let you know. I think you might need a DBA or at least a fictitious business name statement, but they'll tell you for sure.

and finally, any screen printers in miami? i want to work closely with a pro so that i can learn directly, im willing to pay for my materials and your time i will make my own screens and press them myself.
Since we don't allow advertising on this board, it won't be possible for screen printers to respond to your request. But if you want to work closely with your printer, your best bet is to pick up the local yellow pages and start calling the local screen printers and asking them the questions you want answered and opening up a dialogue with them so you can get a feel of which ones you might want to work with more.

If you're in Florida, the state website has information about starting a business:
http://www.myflorida.com/dor/businesses/newbusiness_startup.html

sorry if this has been covered, i ve been searching and lurking but havent found definitive answers, i have been looking for a forum like this, thanks to whoever started this
:welcome:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
Welcome! I, too felt the way you do when I found this forum. It's great!
Just to let you know, I use proclub shirts, and am in the urban wear market. Proclub shirts are great. They are bigger than your regular size t-shirt and they also have a "tall" size, if that's what you're looking for. They also have 2 "versions" (for lack of a better term) of their t-shirts. You can get a "regular" weight 6 oz, or you can get a "heavyweight" 6 oz. The heavyweight is American made and the regular is made in Mexico, if country of origin makes a difference to you. You can get them from other places, but the best place of course is straight from them. You can only buy in dozens from them(same size, style and color) and your first order has to be at least $300. I get them wholesale and have the tags removed and relabel the shirts with my custom woven label.
Hope this helps you some.
Again welcome to the forums, and have fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Welcome! I, too felt the way you do when I found this forum. It's great!
Just to let you know, I use proclub shirts, and am in the urban wear market. Proclub shirts are great. They are bigger than your regular size t-shirt and they also have a "tall" size, if that's what you're looking for. They also have 2 "versions" (for lack of a better term) of their t-shirts. You can get a "regular" weight 6 oz, or you can get a "heavyweight" 6 oz. The heavyweight is American made and the regular is made in Mexico, if country of origin makes a difference to you. You can get them from other places, but the best place of course is straight from them. You can only buy in dozens from them(same size, style and color) and your first order has to be at least $300.
thanks Comin' and Rodney you guys answered all my questions.

Rodney- thanks for the link... i happen to be in miami so that was very helpful

Comin'- is there a difference between the US and mexico made 6oz shirts? also if you dont mind do you have the price table for their products?

Thanks again everyone.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
f to the soong said:
Comin'- is there a difference between the US and mexico made 6oz shirts? also if you dont mind do you have the price table for their products?
Yes, there is a huge difference. The US made shirts are thicker. I also think they are much better. They feel great.
I do have the pricelist, but since I don't think everybody would care to look at it, I'll just PM you with the list!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top