T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding a direct to garment printer.

Would like some knowledge on the DTG offered by SWF EAST and the SOLO offered by TEXMAC.

regards

rkh

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Re: Owner Gud Brathaz Advertising

Welcome to the forums, you may have to be more specific on which DTG printer you are referring it when it comes to SWF they have several. If know what particular one you want..do a search in the forums almost every DTG printer has been discussed here plus something you may be interested in.

Personally, we have a DTG Kiosk 2 with the converted bag system. It wasn't an ideal purchase since we had so many of the common problems that white ink causes. Clogging, ink starvation and poor prints. We coverted to the bag system from Belquette and couldn't be happier.
www.belquettedirect.com.. our next purchase will be their MOD because it has the bag system already.

best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
39 Posts

I would tell you that the Brother printers are the best on the market. I started with an Epson based converted printer and it was a nightmare. Traded it in on a GT-541 last year and things could not be better. We use it almost every day with out any problem. We bought the 541 for 15K and I heard that they started selling the printer now with Zero percent company financing so it is a no brainer. Sales people are going to tell you that you need their Epson based printer because it prints white ink. What they are not going to tell you is that to print white ink on their converted Epson printers is going to be a chore. Daily cleaning and purging just to keep it running is just not worth it. Also take any dark shirt print per hour numbers you hear and cut it by two thirds, that is reality. You can’t make any money printing dark shirts on a converted Epson printer. I know as we had three of them. Hope this information helps.:)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts

I am gonna add onto what Jerid is saying as a printer.

We got the Epson DTG Kiosk 2 because it does darks. That is our customer bases is dark shirts. We make money with the dark shirts.

I agree the converted Epson (what we started off with) is a PITA. I agree I ain't gonna lie. We hated our machine, it was eating up ink, shirts, time, energy and MONEY$$$ lots of it.

But the problem you had and what we had and what every person is having is the air getting introduced into the system. You say with your Brother you don't have problems.. isn't it because you are using cartridges and they don't have any air getting into the system .. am I correct??

We converted to the bag system about 3 months ago and our business has tripled. We can take orders now without worrying about the consistency of prints or if the white ink is gonna run or if the machine is just gonna stop printing.

Our first order after the conversion was about 20 white shirts.. one color bright orange our 2nd biggest enemy compared to the white ink. Anyway, every shirt looked identical and it took half the time it took when we had we had bottles. These were only white shirts.. so imagine what we thought when it did it with darks. We are so satisfied with the machine now.

Our business can not live off just white shirts there is no way we could be successful given our customer base. But that is our business you and other Brother business are different. But you don't have to be scared with darks once you get the PrintsRite ink.. the name says it all.

We don't have a WIMS system and its not needed on our printer. The conversion of the bags and dampers was all we needed.
No waste in ink!! No ink starvation!! No clogs!! No more babysitting machine!!

If the MOD wasn't available.. seriously our next purchase who be a refurbished K2 (covert it to a bag system and be good)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

Apparently, I must have self-promoted?

I wanted to clarify why Al Emb'r post was no longer accurate. To promote another product as the holy grail and disregard the strides taken and mentioned in the Epson based realm is wrong. Whoever felt this was self promotion, I can show you dozens of posts where true self promotion was occurring.

If these rules don't relax, I am seriously considering leaving. I don't appreciate so much strictness that you fear saying something because it could be misconstrued as self promoting.

I have answers that I have to wait for someone else to post in fear of my posts being deleted. I've always respected these forums and have tried very hard not to self promote, but this is just too much.

Whoever removed my post, please send me a PM to clarify what it is I was doing and how I am supposed to answer an inaccurate post with accurate information that happens to point to our products (and others)?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts

I wanted to clarify why Al Emb'r post was no longer accurate. To promote another product as the holy grail and disregard the strides taken and mentioned in the Epson based realm is wrong. Whoever felt this was self promotion, I can show you dozens of posts where true self promotion was occurring.

I wondered where you went I was like Jerid left me hanging..

I got your back. I know you weren't self-promoting and I agree its hard to support something you truly believe without have people question your motives.

I have had several people think I am getting paid to talk about the PrintsRite ink system. I wish I was :) .. but I am not. I just truly believe in it. It works.

I am not afraid of my printer anymore!!

I couldn't be more happier and just like when the fuse went out of my motherboard I saved the directions have helped many people get their machine up and running without getting paid for it.

If I can help one person with something I learned on my machine. I am gonna shout it from the rooftops. Same thing if I was ever wronged by a company trying to sell me something that I didn't need.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts

White ink has always been a problem and likely always will.
It's TiO2, like white paint and sun block.
The whiteness depends on it's particle size. Usually if you grind a coloured pigment finer, the colour gets more intense because you are producing more surface area of the colour to reflect light. With TiO2 - it's very white but if you grind it too fine it becomes clear and is a very good uv block.
Therefore the inks must have pretty big particles in them, they sediment if you leave them and tend to block heads.
It's all a big compromise.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

I couldn't be more happier and just like when the fuse went out of my motherboard I saved the directions have helped many people get their machine up and running without getting paid for it.

If I can help one person with something I learned on my machine. I am gonna shout it from the rooftops. Same thing if I was ever wronged by a company trying to sell me something that I didn't need.
I have helped people in the tshirt industry for years, at NO COST, long before this forum existed. I would have people call me up and I would talk to them for hours to help solve their problems.

I didn't have products to sell, I didn't have services to offer. I just simply helped. I made $0, but that's what is good about this industry. People really want to help people. This is why I am frustrated about this policy. I understand, to keep the forums clean, you need to have rules in place. But sometimes those rules go above and beyond common sense. I'm not trying to pick a fight with any moderator, I just feel it is completely counterproductive to operate with such strict polices that you can't answer.

I've seen posts go for weeks with no answer. I answer the question, the only post there in response was mine, but because it could have been perceived as self-promotion, it was deleted and the post was still left unanswered.

Like I said, counterproductive. Moderators, no need to worry, I'm not responding to this post again concerning the self-promotional issue, I just needed to vent my frustration.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

I agree with you, Jerid; I have had soooo many posts deleted since I joined this forum, it puts Scott's censorship habits to shame! :rolleyes: I stopped caring about it a long time ago; if they want to delete my posts, so be it.... But know that I definitely feel your pain, Jerid! I have essentially reduced my postings to the occasional update and sample picture; this is not an accident.

When I do have more to say, I tend to say it elsewhere, where I know my efforts will be preserved and not deleted before anyone can benefit from them.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

It's usually best to talk directly with a moderator or admin if you have a question about moderation so threads don't get off track with discussion about forum stuff instead of the machine help that was looked for, but since you brought it up...

Yes, when you make a post in a thread where people are asking which machine to buy and you suggest a machine that you sell and talk about why the machine you sell is better, that is self promotion.

I wanted to clarify why Al Emb'r post was no longer accurate. To promote another product as the holy grail and disregard the strides taken and mentioned in the Epson based realm is wrong.
It may have been possible to talk about the improvements in general without the glowing reviews of the machine that you sell.

Whoever felt this was self promotion, I can show you dozens of posts where true self promotion was occurring.
Actually, I asked you to do just that via PM when you had a question and I haven't seen one reported post yet from you.

I didn't have products to sell, I didn't have services to offer. I just simply helped. I made $0, but that's what is good about this industry. People really want to help people. This is why I am frustrated about this policy.
The policy doesn't stop people from helping people. That's what the forums are all about.

In fact, it's partly because of this policy (which has been in place for 5 years now), that the forums have grown.

Instead of being bombarded with sales posts and "my machine is best" and "the other guy sucks" type posts anytime they ask a question, people can come here and get help from their peers who don't have anything to gain by sharing their experience with others.

The no self promotion guideline hasn't changed, what's changed is that now you're selling a particular brand. With that change can make it more of a challenge to offer the same unbiased answers without it coming off as sounding like a sales pitch.

Lots of vendors visit the forums and they'd love to answer posts saying why their product/machine/service is the best. If we allowed your post, then basically we would need to allow Don to make a pitch about the strides his machines have made, then Harry to make a pitch about the strides his machine has made, then TurboJet, then Peter, etc....you get the idea.

I think most people know they can call the different companies directly if they want to hear directly from a vendor about their machine offering. What they come here for is answers from fellow operators and business owners who don't have anything to gain by sharing their honest experiences.

I understand, to keep the forums clean, you need to have rules in place. But sometimes those rules go above and beyond common sense.
How so?

It seems pretty common sense to me that if you're selling a product, you probably shouldn't be posting in a thread where someone is asking which product to buy (especially in a forum that doesn't allow self promotion)

I just feel it is completely counterproductive to operate with such strict polices that you can't answer.
On the contrary, it has been very productive to helping people be able to get straight answers instead of the "we're the best, the other guy sucks" type confusing and conflicting answers they often get at tradeshows when someone is trying to sell their equipment.

I've seen posts go for weeks with no answer. I answer the question, the only post there in response was mine, but because it could have been perceived as self-promotion, it was deleted and the post was still left unanswered.
Honestly, I didn't realize there was a big issue with your posts being moderated? With over 1300+ posts, I can only think of a couple of times where a post had to be moderated. That doesn't seem like a huge amount or an ongoing issue at all.

Like I said, counterproductive. Moderators, no need to worry, I'm not responding to this post again concerning the self-promotional issue, I just needed to vent my frustration.
You already took this person's thread off the topic by venting your frustration...sounds kind of counter productive :) I do apologize for not sending you a PM at the time I moderated the post to explain in detail why it had to be moved. I can see how this would have frustrated you not knowing what happened. I was away from my computer at the time and had assumed that you would understand why the post was moved if you were posting glowing reviews of your own machine.

Justin Walker said:
I agree with you, Jerid; I have had soooo many posts deleted since I joined this forum, it puts Scott's censorship habits to shame! :rolleyes: I stopped caring about it a long time ago; if they want to delete my posts, so be it.... But know that I definitely feel your pain, Jerid! I have essentially reduced my postings to the occasional update and sample picture; this is not an accident.

When I do have more to say, I tend to say it elsewhere, where I know my efforts will be preserved and not deleted before anyone can benefit from them.
You make a good point. Different forums have different guidelines on what is OK and what isn't OK. Some forums have rules they post but don't try to enforce.

Our goal is to try to make a place for people to get help with questions without all the normal sales pitches and drama that can happen when they talk to a sales person.

Of course, if a person has a question specifically about a machine you sell, you're more than welcome to answer with facts. But if someone is asking for opinions on which machine is the best and you're selling a machine, unfortunately, there's a conflict of interest there and recommending your own machine or suggesting that they check out your machine goes past just sharing information and enters the world of advertising.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

Sorry Rodney, but if you send me what I wrote, you won't see where I was promoting the product I sell. It wasn't happening. I was correcting something someone else said. The last time I checked, Belquette WAS NOT the only company to sell an Epson Based printer. The only thing I talked about that would indicate a Mod1 printer was when it was mentioned to not believe what the rep would say about production speed. I indicated what we were getting on the Mod.

This was not trying to sell a product, this was a response for someone else (not even the original poster) to CORRECT their inaccurate information. But if someone else corrected them, it would have been fine.

As for the few times you've had to moderate, you are correct. It's because I have been trying very hard to not self promote. But in the meantime, I've had to try to word things in a way that wouldn't, and when I word something (apparently in this case) that slightly even points to our products, it's looked at as self-promotion.

IMO, the reason why your site grew so quickly, was not because of this rule, but because there was no strong presence of a tshirt site. You offered a clean site and you weren't afraid to promote it. This rule may have helped keep some here longer, and it may have also helped some leave sooner. But I don't believe it's what caused the site to grow as fast as it has.

It's senseless for me to go on. You have rules in place that must be adhered to or these actions are the consequences of breaking these rules. I know what my intent was and to be called out on it as if I was trying to sell a product in an assumption that was made. It was a wrong assumption, and that's why I said something.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

JeridHill said:
Sorry Rodney, but if you send me what I wrote, you won't see where I was promoting the product I sell.
Here's what you wrote.

Two things to note: nobody mentioned the Mod1 printer previously in the thread and the thread is about someone trying to figure out which machine to buy.

I put in bold the 3 areas where it seemed like your post went from "educational info about Epson based printers in general" to "promoting the Mod1's features and capabilities specifically"

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL Emb'r

I would tell you that the Brother printers are the best on the market. I started with an Epson based converted printer and it was a nightmare. Traded it in on a GT-541 last year and things could not be better. We use it almost every day with out any problem. We bought the 541 for 15K and I heard that they started selling the printer now with Zero percent company financing so it is a no brainer. Sales people are going to tell you that you need their Epson based printer because it prints white ink. What they are not going to tell you is that to print white ink on their converted Epson printers is going to be a chore. Daily cleaning and purging just to keep it running is just not worth it. Also take any dark shirt print per hour numbers you hear and cut it by two thirds, that is reality. You can’t make any money printing dark shirts on a converted Epson printer. I know as we had three of them. Hope this information helps.:)

JeridHill said:
I understand your frustrations, but these are the exact issues the Mod1 addresses. We are not "selling" the FlexiJet at this moment because we don't have the PrintsRite Ink system ready for it yet.

Your information is outdated since these printers are advancing consistently. We have people who have Epson based machines that converted over to our PrintsRite system and now they are printing with white ink, with low maintenance, low spoilage and high profitability.

If you feel I am willing to say this because we "sell" a printer and ink system, check out the unbiased posts on this very subject and you will see end users once again enjoying using their Epson based printers.

As for black shirts, the Mod1 is printing 20 shirts an hour (on average) consistently. These are full size prints. We have videos on the forums, youtube, our site, etc.

JeridHill said:
It wasn't happening. I was correcting something someone else said. The last time I checked, Belquette WAS NOT the only company to sell an Epson Based printer. The only thing I talked about that would indicate a Mod1 printer was when it was mentioned to not believe what the rep would say about production speed. I indicated what we were getting on the Mod
JeridHill said:
This was not trying to sell a product, this was a response for someone else (not even the original poster) to CORRECT their inaccurate information. But if someone else corrected them, it would have been fine.
Nobody posted about the Mod1 though. If you just posted about epson based printers in general instead of posting features of a product that you sell, it probably wouldn't have been self promotion. And yes, when an owner, operator or someone with no financial gain posts about a product, that's not self promotion.

IMO, the reason why your site grew so quickly, was not because of this rule, but because there was no strong presence of a tshirt site.
There were lots of t-shirt sites and industry forums before I started this site. The overwhelming feedback that I get is that this place was *different* than the other sites.

This rule may have helped keep some here longer, and it may have also helped some leave sooner.
That's possible. People join, use and leave online communities for lots of different reasons. No one forum, site or business can be everything to everybody.

But I don't believe it's what caused the site to grow as fast as it has.
It's not the only reason, but it's one of them. And that's based on actual feedback from people that have taken the time to email, comment, post, PM.

You have rules in place that must be adhered to or these actions are the consequences of breaking these rules.
Doesn't every place have that? Tradeshows have that. Other forums have that.

As you mentioned above, it makes sense that there are guidelines to help keep the forums clean and running smoothly. I think what's at issue here is *Where* that line gets drawn.

I get the unpopular job of trying to enforce that line and sometimes people will agree with where it's drawn, and sometimes people will disagree with where it's drawn for one reason or another.

I know what my intent was and to be called out on it as if I was trying to sell a product in an assumption that was made.
I didn't call you out on in publicly. It was handled privately, but you decided to make a public post about it.

Listen Jerid, I've read your posts, I've talked to you in person several times, I know you're not out to make sales and promote at any cost. I know personally that it's not your intent. I wasn't trying to make any assumption about any type of shady "sales guy" motives about your post. I was only looking at the thread at hand and how the posts fit into the thread.

If someone had said "the mod1 only prints 2 t-shirts per hour" and you posted to correct that, it wouldn't have been self promotion. But nobody mentioned the Mod1, and you started going into its features and improvements.

I hope that makes a little sense. Even if it's not your intent, when you start selling a product and you make a post in a thread where someone is trying to pick the right product for sale, it just creates a conflict of interest where it's probably not a good idea to post about the specific features of the product you sell. I understand that your intent was to educate. I just hope you can look at it from the point of view of the overall site and maybe from the point of view of other vendors who visit the site and see your post and think "I'd like to educate about how my machine is great too, how come he gets to post about the Mod1, but I can't post about by ~jet machine if someone's asking which machine to buy".

·
Registered
4,202 Posts

I can say 3 things:

1. I didn't realize I mentioned the Mod1 as much as I did. The good thing about this is, it does show my intent was not to sell.

2. That being said, I was using the Mod1 as the example since it is what I know. I know of other machines that are Epson based as well that cause confliction with the statements I was trying to correct. But since I don't know numbers and inter-workings of the machines, I spoke about what I knew.

3. After reading the post and in context with the orginal poster, I can see how this was thought of as self promotion. In times past, if this happened, a PM was sent to me to indicate the post had been deleted and what the reason(s) was/were. This didn't happen this time around and I was quite surprised my post was gone.

We could go on about this, but I digress. I apologize and simply wish to move on. Maybe this topic can go back on point.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Is there any new info on the Texmac Solo? Out of all the printers I have been looking at
I have got it down to 2 the neoflex and the solo. Theres no rep for neoflex in Japan so i would like to get more info on dealers and where they are located and who might be able to help get a machine over here to Japan.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Is there any new info on the Texmac Solo? Out of all the printers I have been looking at
I have got it down to 2 the neoflex and the solo. Theres no rep for neoflex in Japan so i would like to get more info on dealers and where they are located and who might be able to help get a machine over here to Japan.

I wish we could help you over there in Japan since the printer is produced there at Mastermind. Maybe Mastermind has a local distributorship there (I visited one of their sales offices in Tokyo) - they had an impressive variety of garment printers and applications.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts