T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i've been doing tons of research...checking out cafepress.com, printmojo, spreadshirt (or whatever that one is) and i just can't decide. i've heard the quality of the shirts at cafepress isn't so great, but printmojo is more expensive upfront. does anyone have any suggestions, advice, anything?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Re: looking for help

It really boils down to just deciding which t-shirt fulfillment service will fit your needs.

You can do well with either of the services. Think of them as just the tool to get the job done. You'll still need to have great designs and even better marketing/advertising to get people to buy shirts whereever you have them produced.

You could always just try the different services and see which one fits your needs best. With CafePress and Spreadshirt, there are no up front costs, so it won't cost you anything to give it a try and see if it's what you're looking for.

If you know right off the bat that you would rather sell screen printed or embroidered t-shirts, then PrintMojo would be the way for you to go. Although you have to prepurcahse the shirts (since they are professionally screen printed in bulk), you'll know that you're selling screen printed merchandise, and you'll have a wide range to choose from.

Your question is sort of general, so it's hard to give you specific direction. But if you have any more specific questions, feel free to post them here.

Sometimes the hardest part is just taking that first step :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

that's exacly the problem...chooseing that first step. i think i may start with cafepress and see what kind of sales we can get going. if something happens, we can move to printmojo for the better quality i guess.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts

ahhhhpoop said:
that's exacly the problem...chooseing that first step. i think i may start with cafepress and see what kind of sales we can get going. if something happens, we can move to printmojo for the better quality i guess.
I've seen people take that route and it's a good way to get things going. You may find that CafePress is exactly what you need, or you may find that you need something a little different.

At least you'll have a starting point to work from, and that's a good thing :)

Be sure to post back once you've opened your shop (and put some of your designs in the T-Shirt Gallery)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

There are any number of possibilities. You might start with something like that, and when you find out which shirts are the biggest sellers you can get in touch with a local screen printer and set up your own website to sell from for better quality and profit. Another option would be buying your own heat press and making your own that way (much cheaper than a screen printing set up, but still an initial set up fee).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just saw where VistaPrint is offering a web site for one month free. Hey, what do you have to lose. Check it out. Good Luck 2 U and UBNICE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts