T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im kiiling my self looking for a heavyweight ringspun tshirts. i like the American Apperal but there too light and then the American Apparel Heavyweight only comes in grey. does any one know a brand that seels there. Im looking for the same feel as aa and want the craftsmanship but i want it to be a bit heavier in weight i also wouldnt ming a longer sleeve just a big longer lol. I have my print shop and wanna also sell some of my designs . I did see the jerzees but i got one and the size sharnk after one wash.

Any help please

ALso looked at luxe t there shirts seem perfect the fit and all the sleeves are just a bit too long i need a normal size fitted sleeve ..

hope some one can help

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re: Heavy weight Ringspun

I've used Beefy T's and have had problems with odd shrinking after washing. I no longer use them.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Im kiiling my self looking for a heavyweight ringspun tshirts. i like the American Apperal but there too light and then the American Apparel Heavyweight only comes in grey. does any one know a brand that seels there. Im looking for the same feel as aa and want the craftsmanship but i want it to be a bit heavier in weight i also wouldnt ming a longer sleeve just a big longer lol. I have my print shop and wanna also sell some of my designs . I did see the jerzees but i got one and the size sharnk after one wash.

Any help please

ALso looked at luxe t there shirts seem perfect the fit and all the sleeves are just a bit too long i need a normal size fitted sleeve ..

hope some one can help
Try CityLabUsa.com or the Jerzees Zt (style 18z).

anybody outthere willing to help me out a bit
It may take more than 5 hours to get a response, especially on the weekend :) Please be patient as people visit the forum and read posts at different times during their busy work schedules.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The one Rodney mentioned, the Jerzees Zt is a really nice heavy weight shirt; my favorite for a super soft but heavy weight fabric. Next I like the Anvil 980, not really a heavy weight fabric, but actually a very nice and decent weight.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The one Rodney mentioned, the Jerzees Zt is a really nice heavy weight shirt; my favorite for a super soft but heavy weight fabric. Next I like the Anvil 980, not really a heavy weight fabric, but actually a very nice and decent weight.
Fruit of the Loom Loft Tee is the best bang for the buck.

Nice to hear someone else out there that has the same opinion about the Hanes BeefyT. I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The Hanes Beefy shrinks up so much, for me in my size it exposes my belly button. Not a pretty sight! :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the resposonses... will try those most definetley i too have that problem with the hanes beefy t . i looked at citylab and it looks like a good shirt only thing is i feel the sleeve loooks to long will try and get a sample and see what it is..... i wanted ringspun because what ive noticed is the shirts like pro clubs( which is one of my favriotes), AAA, ect. get a little to ruff after a couple washes i had never tried American Apparel and now i love these shirts even after i wash the remain soft. My only problem is there to light . i have my screen printing shop and want to go ahead an take a stab at a clothing line and the market im going for people tend to like em heavier hip hop/skater type market . I tried tultex and the feel great they are a bit too light and also there craftmanship is a little ruff. Im gonna try your guys recomandations. and hopefully one works if not im back on the search. lol....thanks guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any update on your final choice?
I have been killing myself now for 2 years!
I am looking for the exact same thing you are... 6.1oz Ring Spun cotton, with generous length and tight construction. The Jerzees 18Z was my favorite, but it has been discontinued as far as I know. I've tried all others mentioned and many, many more, except CityLab, guess I will look into that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts