T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to dye sub, and am contemplating buying a Ricoh SG 3110DN from Conde, but I'd like to try before I buy.

I'm reasonably sure that the product itself is fine, I mostly just want to do a test run of my designs to see if they will sell well enough to justify shelling out hundreds of dollars to get into the business, and I would prefer they were printed using the same printer and ink I'm thinking of buying, to make the transition to printing my own easier.

I'm looking to buy 24 transfers for Conde MUG15 15 oz. ceramic mugs, enough to do one case of mugs.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give SK a shot. I'm working out something with software with him right now.

All I have is a 14 year old copy of Photoshop 6, and I just installed Inkscape. His process needs everything in PDF, so I got to find a way to get my designs fixed properly to his PDF templates.

I'm thinking maybe I only need a printer if I'm doing custom work where I need a very short turn-around time. With the price of Sublijet inks, a bulk ink user with a streamlined process might be able to give me a product comparable to, if not less than printing my own.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks.

Do you know if SK's templates are compatible with Conde's templates? I'm trying to access Conde's templates, but it's taking a while.

SK has a template for "15 oz mug", but I'm not confident that it would work well with the specific mugs I'm buying.

· Registered
103 Posts
You will need to supply your artwork to the printer in the exact size you would like it printed. So SK Daves template may or may not work for you. For example, my mug press determines the edges of my design as you lose some heat at the presses edges. My first print, I used Conde's template but it had faded edges at each end due to the constraints of the heat press. Therefor, I would suggest making your design a little smaller than the template for that product you will use just to make sure it will fit-rather than end up with prints you can't use. Another thing to consider is the paper it is printed on. Not so much the paper but the paper size. Altho you can Gang multiple mug artwork on larger sheets and cut them, it also makes them a little harder to line up on the mug since the mugs are neither round nor level. Been there done that. Now I use mug size paper (unfortunatly, I only have the 11oz size or I'd print yours) to make it easy. Just some things to consider before sending artwork to any printer of transfers. What you send is what you'll get. Also for the 3110 artwork must be in RGB.

If you want to see what some things look like printed with the 3110 - you can check out my images on the conde client image site or on my facebook page (signs from above). It prints very nice - as nice or nicer than my Epson sub printers. I am not unhappy I have it or bought it from Conde and the ink goes a long way. When it dies I will get another even tho it costs more to print than my Epsons - just for convenience.

hope that helps some

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.