T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently we set up a new layout for our site to get us ready for our summer season. We also wanted a new look for our new design, our "Signature Cape Crabber double anchor". One thing that I know needs to be fixed are the photos for these new shirts. Other then that please let me know where you think we could improve. Try and keep it constructive though! ;)

Cape Crabbers — Welcome

Cape Crabbers is an brand of simple, cool t-shirts geared towards Cape Cod vacationers and the people who live for the summer in general.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, I think you're off to a great start. The site is clean, easy to use and personable. Out of the many full feature e-commerce packages, Shopify is probably one of the best I've seen so you made an excellent choice there.

I actually thought your logo was a little big, but otherwise, you guys got it going on! Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi, nice layout, only thing i would reccomend is making the logo stretch accross the distance of the page, it looks kind of cramped up there and theres too much white space around it..

maybe narrow it down and give it a stretch! (im assuming you have the psd/png)

hope this helps thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya ...good looking website. I would have to agree though, there is a whole lot of white space going on. Maybe about a 20-30% on the grey scale for the background ...leaving the page itself (the center) white. The size monitor your viewing through can make a bit of difference also. I'm using a 26" Visio HD monitor ...therefore making alot of websites appear smaller and showing more background. When i'm on a 19" monitor I see more website and less background.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice site re-design. I think the new layout works better overall than your last one.

Both of your main designs are nice. Your "double anchor" design is tight. Nice and clean, bold design. I like your crab mascot character too. He comes across as easy-going, relaxed, laid-back, a good match for your "life is a vacation" motto.

I think the timing of the photo transitions on the splash page works good too. They don't occur too fast or too slow, and the transitions aren't abrupt, which is a good thing. I think they won't annoy the average user in the least, that may want to explore your main page before checking out your store.

My only critique would be to add in some color to your background, and maybe some photographic or illustrative elements to it, to give the site more character. Does Cape Cod have some popular color that its known for? Maybe add that in along with some colors you might see at the beach, or maybe add in a photo backdrop of maybe a boardwalk or portions of a beach. The site backdrop being stark white seems to want for color and/or other graphical elements, and I think that when you've got the right backdrop it will really enhance everything.

Other than that nice work, and I wish much success to you with your new brand.

By the way, I hope you use your crab character as a small left breast logo (think "IZOD") on a polo shirt, that would look pretty tight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the website is very cool with the theme of your clothing line. One constructive critiscm is the font being used. You may find it difficult for some potential customers to read. Its a very cool font...just may cause problems in reading.
other than that i like the site. Great job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.