T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous post shut down by @splathead

I don't think it was warranted. Hear me out...

Previous post:
With cobraink.com shutting down and switching over to heattransferwarehouse.com Wala inks, they now do not offer any Pigment Inks. They only offer their Sublimation Inks. What alternatives do you guys vouch for? Specifically Epson 6 color pigment inks.

Reply by @splathead:
Please do a search before you create a new thread. Cobraink closing - replacement question

My reply that couldn't get posted due to the post being shut down:
I did thanks, but if you read through that post it is specifically about Sublimation inks and also the only suggestions are for 4 color solutions. That is not what I'm looking for. So, instead of hijacking that thread, and since I'm asking a completely different question based on the ink set, I figured I'd ask in the "Heat Transfer" section VS "Dye Sub".

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and please shut down, but I think my post is in the proper section and relevant.

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Then you need to come up with better titles to your posts. Why are you asking the question "Cobra Ink Shutting Down?" if you already know it is. Half the people who may know the answer and be able to help you will skip your post because they already know about Cobra.

Change your post title to something you are looking for, not asking a question you already know the answer to. "Looking for Cobra Pigment Ink Replacement Source" or something similar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then you need to come up with better titles to your posts. Why are you asking the question "Cobra Ink Shutting Down?" if you already know it is. Half the people who may know the answer and be able to help you will skip your post because they already know about Cobra.

Change your post title to something you are looking for, not asking a question you already know the answer to. "Looking for Cobra Pigment Ink Replacement Source" or something similar.
Bro, what I title my threads, regardless of specificity in the title, doesn't justify it getting shut down (Unless it was obviously obscene or offensive). It still stands that the question asked in the thread and where it was posted was correct and there where no other similar threads or answers in the search for the question. At least give us a chance to explain before you just shut it down.

I'm not here to argue, I'm just seeking answers, but your hang up on the titles vs the meat of the subject is concerning. Especially for people that may not know how best to word their titles and their thread gets booted immediately just off of assumptions or first glances without reading through and understanding what they are asking for.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
FYI: I didn't click on your original thread because of the title, so at least that part of Joe's motivation was valid. But while I'm in here, have you heard about the new sublimation technique that works on dark 100% cotton garments???

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why did Cobra Ink shut down? It's kind of crappy that they didn't at least e-mail everyone to give everyone a heads up. And maybe even offered a sale to liquidate their inventory. I've tried calling, but no one answers. As I was going to see if they had any ink left to sale. Any suggested replacement for regular inkjet ink for Epson 1400?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why did Cobra Ink shut down? It's kind of crappy that they didn't at least e-mail everyone to give everyone a heads up. And maybe even offered a sale to liquidate their inventory. I've tried calling, but no one answers. As I was going to see if they had any ink left to sale. Any suggested replacement for regular inkjet ink for Epson 1400?
Pretty much every company I have dealt with went bankrupt in the last 6-10 years

That said all of my competitors also are gone.

But the venues to sell in are also almost all gone.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'd like to find a good quality ink that has a long needle for its lid. I've seen this on a Youtube video. But having the needle built into the ink cap makes adding ink real easy. As with Cobra Ink, I really did get tired of having to deal with syringes and having to flush each one out with water every time I added ink.

As there have been days where I'm printing a project out and I have to add ink 4 times in one day because Epson likes doing a head clean every 4 pages when printing out photos and causes a clog that then has me do even more head cleanings to clear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You think they just decided one day "Oh, I want to be 'crappy' to jason and close down! WHAT A FUN PRANK"!
Usually, businesses close because they have to. No thought about what THEY might be going through though huh? They needed to have a SALE, and give YOU a big discount before they closed up!

LOL

·
Registered
816 Posts
You think they just decided one day "Oh, I want to be 'crappy' to jason and close down! WHAT A FUN PRANK"!
Usually, businesses close because they have to. No thought about what THEY might be going through though huh? They needed to have a SALE, and give YOU a big discount before they closed up!

LOL
I don’t know why they closed, but there’s no reason not to at least send out emails to all of their customers to let them know. Especially since they know many of their customers are running businesses. Though I just buy bulk ink as OEM is too expensive with all of the automatic head cleanings. Though I’m still looking for recommendations on an alternative dye ink supplier.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Previous post shut down by @splathead

I don't think it was warranted. Hear me out...

Previous post:
With cobraink.com shutting down and switching over to heattransferwarehouse.com Wala inks, they now do not offer any Pigment Inks. They only offer their Sublimation Inks. What alternatives do you guys vouch for? Specifically Epson 6 color pigment inks.

Reply by @splathead:
Please do a search before you create a new thread. Cobraink closing - replacement question

My reply that couldn't get posted due to the post being shut down:
I did thanks, but if you read through that post it is specifically about Sublimation inks and also the only suggestions are for 4 color solutions. That is not what I'm looking for. So, instead of hijacking that thread, and since I'm asking a completely different question based on the ink set, I figured I'd ask in the "Heat Transfer" section VS "Dye Sub".

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and please shut down, but I think my post is in the proper section and relevant.

I used to get my pigmented ink from Ross at Inkjetcarts... but he too suddenly disappeared and is no longer in business. After nothing but problems from my Workforce printers, I finally bit the bullet and bought an EcoTank 16600 and have been using OEM ink. With that being said, I am considering trying some third party ink. I have found a couple of options online from "Inkxpro" and "inkowl" , but I have not tried them out and cannot vouch for either of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts