T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum, so be nice!

I'm just about to launch my own range of T-shirts (finally - after 2 years messing about!) and am struggling to locate all the things I need to actually start selling the things. I've sorted out bags (settled for standard grip seal), printers (nice local guy with small workshop), T's (American Apparel for the free trade aspect), labels (helpful company in wales that also relabels for me) and most importantly the designs themselves :)

Now the last little pieces of the puzzle are the swing tickets (hang tags, whatever - it took me a day just to discover what they're called!). Got a few quotes but would appreciate advice if anyone can recommend somewhere. I'm after printed cardboard with string to attached it to the T's. And also some S, M & L stickers - where on earth do you find those!? - and a piece of cardboard to fold the T's around to keep them neat.

Sorry for the length of the post but I'd much appreciate any help that's out there. :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,
cheapest tag is simply a buisiness card and some thread.......plastic T shirt folders are on E bay at around £10 I bought one and certainly worth the cost.

best of luck.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

Thanks for the tip. Definitely something to consider, although I kind of wanted to go for something a bit more substantial than a business card type of tag.
In terms of the cardboard I was more thinking of something that each individual Tshirt would be wrapped around - or is it enough just to fold the T with nothing inside. For some reason I have the idea that a piece of card inside helps to keep the clothing neatly folded - maybe that is not necessary!

Thanks

Nat

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi nat
you are right when you say throwing in some thin cardboard with the T`s is a good idea.
I do this, but not all the time, as i also use the nice clean wrap cloths paper (not sure what they call it sorry)
Best thing to do is go to stapels as i know they do boxes and such and the thin card, but you can also try places like craft shops or fairs and even try hobby craft. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry.....I misunderstood.........I thought you wanted to make a t shirt folder from cardboard.......search for t shirt folder on youtube and you will see home made cardboard t shirt folders.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts