T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again....this is a great forum and it has really helped us. We are searching for blank vintage looking AND feeling shirts. You know, really light and soft with a worn, freyed look. Does anyone know where we can get them? And we cannot go overseas as the minimums are too high. American Apparel and Alternative Apparel do not carry the ones we are looking for.

Advice???

Thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Also try AlternativeApparel.com. They sort of specialize in t-shirts with a "vintage" lightweight feel.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The top poster already said that "Alternative Apparel do not carry the ones we are looking for"... hoping to find some more obscure brands that might have fallen through the cracks I guess.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Whoops...that will teach me to read the post more closely :)

Do you have any pictures of the style you're looking for?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
continental-usa.com is the address for the US division of Continental Clothing Company. Their european branch is continentalclothing.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
AS A GARMENT FACTORY MANAGER IN BANGKOK, here it is Vintage tee's are created a few ways. 1. Bio dye first, then enzyme wash, or Bio dye first then acid wash, New Technique called burn out ussually on Tee made of TC or CVC. Additionally there are many other effects that can be added to make the ribbs on the neck look more vintage, which are techniques we use on Jeans often for a really vintage wornout look. Overseas does not meen large Quanities only have to be around 125 pcs per color with order of around 500 pcs. However lower qnty's can only be acheived with a manufacturer that has learned to overcome to global enviroment of todays needs. Most Thailand Manufactures can produce a 100% Cotton C32 T Shirt for around $2.00 USD. On todays market I find all the Bid Shots order C32, C40 at a min. Everything else seems to be flea market product.

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a Garment Factory Manager in Bangkok I must add this note to my post earlier, Be sure you know what the purpose of the Tees Vintage or not are. What will you do with the blanks. Allot can happen if the fabric is no correct for the style of printing you choose, and also the calculation of shrinking from any washing effect and heat from flash or convey drying. Good luck

·
Registered
173 Posts
As a Garment Factory Manager in Bangkok I must add this note to my post earlier, Be sure you know what the purpose of the Tees Vintage or not are. What will you do with the blanks. Allot can happen if the fabric is no correct for the style of printing you choose, and also the calculation of shrinking from any washing effect and heat from flash or convey drying. Good luck
Very good point. When we set out in search of a manufacturer that knew what they were doing. The tubular tees tend to shrink in hight but not witdth. Also, some cheap factories strech the cotton before going into production therefor causing the tees to shrink in odd ways. Thank God we where able to find a very professional factory with plenty of experience in the field :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Chirsty, Welcome to the forum :)

We traveled to China and visited various factories until we found one that was able to produce the exact product we where looking for. We specialize in quality fashion tees with vintage washes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you.. hah! im not quite at the China stage yet. :) Congrats! I am so happy that people here are open to sharing expereinces and ideas instead of being competitve.. what most people dont understand is that we entrepenuers have to band together and help eachother out. :) Good luck everyone!

Christy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts