T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I are very new to this and we are in the VERY early stages of starting our own T-Shirt business. We are not yet sure how we plan to print (either outsource to a 3rd party or invest in our own printing equipment.) I was hoping you guys and gals might have some insight into Heat Press and Heat Transfer methods. I'd like to hear your experiences with them and maybe some recommendations on which machines work better than others. Also, are there any particular printers that print better than others for this method? Our budget is right around $500-$700 for the machine alone, but obviously we'd like to keep it closer to $500 than $700 if we can do it with out sacraficing quality. Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks and BTW, this site is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would go with the biggest heat press that you can afford and have space for. I would also buy "name brand" equipment that has a warranty. You may want to check Hix, hotronix, stahls,and Phoenix phire just to name a few. You cant go wrong with outsourcing for designs, but when you have your own equipment you have more creative control for short runs. hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Are you looking to purchase stock transfers designs? If so, Pro World has a nice promotion where you can but a 15x15 Stahls Mighty Press in your price range.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree buy the biggest name brand heat press your budget will allow. If you follow this advice you won't be sorry. I like the 16x20's and nothing les than a 15x15. I have 1 of each. I also strongly endorse the HIX brand for my choice. .... JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts