T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I know it's and old machine but it has been great for us until now. BLACK print head was banding and not laying down much ink. Have done all I know how to do. Have back wash head made sure the line was supplying ink (can draw ink thru with a syringe ). The print head simply will not draw ink. if I inject ink directly into the head it will print perfect until that ink runs dry then it will no longer draw ink. Is this a dead print head or am I missing something. I'm confused why it will print when I put ink into the head but it will not pull ink from the machine. HELP.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check the vacuum pressure in the capping stations. Brother tech support can explain how to do it. Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted thank you for the advice it did put me in the correct direction. I put a call into the brother tech line and got a call back later that day. The tech was very helpful and sent me lots of info that I was unaware of. ( I always assumed that the ink was drawn into the print head by the print head. Not the case the ink is drawn into the head by the capping station and then fired onto the shirt.) Now knowing this it all made sense my line from the black capping station was partially plugged. After several times of pump pressure cleaning it pulled the goop through and I was back up and running. Did several power cleanings of the black head and I was back up and running. Saved me from wasting big$$$ on a new print head that would not have cured the problem. So Ted thanks for the tip. Also I need to give Kudos to the brother tech for all the help. All I know is the tech is from Southern California his name for the life of I can not think of. However thanks.
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts