T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im working on a job for a car garage and the customer wishes to have a 1979 corvette on the back of the shirt as part of the over all design. I will be screenprinting so i would need some sort of outline of the above described car. Any help would greatly appreciated, Thanks. :confused:

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have many photos of the 79 vette, jpeg's mostly. Im working on turning one of them into an outline so that i can screenprint it, just a one color outline. I have photoshop and illustrator but its hard the get the car looking right. I really wanna impress the customer and some dough on this one...any advice or anywhere i can find an cool looking outline of a 79 vette?

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Hi everyone, Im working on a job for a car garage and the customer wishes to have a 1979 corvette on the back of the shirt as part of the over all design. I will be screenprinting so i would need some sort of outline of the above described car. Any help would greatly appreciated, Thanks. :confused:
This link may help you.....

Corvette clipart

Hope this helps.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeaaah that stang looks awesome, good work. Thats pretty much exactly what i'm looking for except a 79 vette. Looking everywhere for something like that. Doing a 79 hardtop vette anytime soon? :D

· Banned
122 Posts
If you already have some good hi resolution photos, my suggestion would be to draw the outline youself. You mentioned you have photoshop and illustrator, and both those programs have the pen/bezier tool. If you're not comfortable with those tools yet.....then you should definitely practice. That particular tool you'll find to be one of the strongest in your arsenal. You can make the outline in either program (I personally believe it's easier in illustrator) then on your photoshop menu use the Select> Color range option to select particular colors, play with the fuzzines slider bar in the pop up window to get the range you want. Create new layers for each individual color and with each individual color range still selected, fill each selection of color into the individual layers. From there you can create halftones if needed. If you're not familiar with how to do that...then that will be a whole other deal. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the best way to do things is by learning how to do them yourself or learn from somebody that knows. Hope that helps.

· Registered
71 Posts
Here is a 79 vette, 2 color spot, eps. There are of course halftones ranging from 20% to 80%, probably need a 300 mesh to capture them. If you want less or no halftones let me know. This style is kind of loose, but it's easy on my brain...

Sending me an XL shirt would cover it...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.