T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I'm not too familiar with some of the concepts. I've put together a website with a friend of mine for t-shirt designs. We're based in Ireland. Originally my friend was going to handle the t-shirt printing side of things, I'd do the website and between us we'd come up with the designs. Due to unforeseen circumstances printing the designs ourselves may not be possible. I was wondering if there was any online service available with perhaps a programmable API that would allow our website to integrate with theirs? We'd prefer to keep the website seperate and hit the external printing service when we get orders? Would anyone be familiar with a service like this or is it a case in most situations that the designer has to upload the designs to the printers site, like with smegshirt.com?

Thanks for any and all help and comment,
Mark.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
That's basically what fulfilment services like CafePress, Spreadshirt, Print Mojo, etc. do - are you looking for someone in Europe or the US, or it doesn't matter...? Any particular print method? There really is a few different ways you could go about it, it depends on what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Solmu,

Fulfillment services? That's what it's called? Great. We're based in Ireland and I'd reckon considering the demographic that the tees are aimed at that it would be mostly Ireland and perhaps some in the states. Would you know if the likes of CafePress, Spreadshirt and PrintMojo would insist on your uploading your design to their site or would they have an API we could implement to automate sending the details of the sale to them?

Thanks for getting back to me,
Mark.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Fulfillment services? That's what it's called? Great.
One name for it anyway :) There's a section of the forums dedicated to them over yonder that should be useful.

We're based in Ireland and I'd reckon considering the demographic that the tees are aimed at that it would be mostly Ireland and perhaps some in the states.
Most of them are US based. Actually off the top of my head the only European one I can think of is Spreadshirt (which is based in Germany and the US).

Would you know if the likes of CafePress, Spreadshirt and PrintMojo would insist on your uploading your design to their site or would they have an API we could implement to automate sending the details of the sale to them?
It's not really my area of expertise sorry. I'm pretty sure CafePress has an API at least. Certainly you can integrate their cart system, etc. into a site you design. Although checkout is usually through them, which I guess is what you're trying to avoid.

Anyway, the fulfilment forum I linked above should give you a few leads, you can read the FAQs of a few of the companies listed there, see if any of them does what you need. It won't answer all your questions, but it should be a step in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts