T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There,

I am in the process of trying to start up a business doing clothing/products aimed at multiples and their families (I have identical twin boys) and one of the sections I have is "breastfeeding advocacy". I would really like to print my Mummy (Mommy for you Americans! :D) designs onto actual nursing tee's (the kind with two layers and nursing openings in the bottom layer), rather than just regular blank tees as they are, obviously, aimed at nursing mothers.

I'm having real trouble finding a supplier of basic, blank nursing tees at a reasonable price. I'm not looking to buy extremely high quantities to begin with - more in the 12-24 an order range - and understand that they'll be more expensive than a regular t-shirt. I'm happy to buy from the US (I'm in Australia) as long as a supplier is happy to ship to me (many US companies don't seem to accept international orders for some reason).

About the most I could afford to pay per piece and still make a profit (including shipping cost) would be about $14.50 USD.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could source something like this? Even if you find something slightly above my price bracket, please post it!!

Thanks,
Kath

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rodney,

Thanks for that - I've actually seen both sites before and they don't have the style of top I am looking for.

I'm actually toying with the idea of seeing what it would take to get something manufactured - you don't happen to have any idea how I would go about looking into that do you? How does that work in terms of samples to make sure the product is OK before you order a largeish run? (Feeling like a complete n00b here!!).

Thanks again for your help - love the forums, they seem like such a great resource!

Kath

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Kath,

Usually, for custom manufacturered garments, you'll need runs of about 500+ pieces for them to be cost effective. I know continental-usa.com has a 600 piece minimum and Alternative Apparel have a 1200 piece minimum for custom orders.

Other international manufacturers (India, China, etc) may have smaller minimums. I think there was a member here who was a representative for one of the international manufacturers. I'll see if I can get some information on the process.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for that - I might look into continental-usa, as 600 pieces is probably do-able for a first run, 1200 wouldn't be.

If the price were right, between my own use and selling as blanks to others, I think I could probably offload 600 t-shirts in a reasonable timeframe (I know of at least one other shirt printer in my local area who has the same frustration - they sell some quite funky nursing slogans, but all on regular T's).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi brookbrook - yes, I have looked there, but can't see what I am after. There's only a very few items that come up in a search for "breastfeeding".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts