T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer who is interested in getting V-neck shirts. He would like them to have the "Destroyed" or "Distressed" effect - that is, have frayed collar, hem and sleeves. It would have to be lightweight and soft too.

Basically, it would be like the aa1075 by Alternative Apparel, but a v-neck.

I contacted Alternative about placing a custom order, but their minimums were a little higher than we wanted. My client is has seen a destroyed V-neck out there before - there must be someone out there who is making them as part of their standard line, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
My client is has seen a destroyed V-neck out there before - there must be someone out there who is making them as part of their standard line, right?
Not necessarily, some companies have garments custom made to put their designs on.

All the distressed/destroyed tees I've seen have been the regular crew neck.

You can check continental clothing to see if they have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many shirts were you looking for - at what price??? i may be able to help...
We're looking for 1,000, and I'd like keep the cost around $7.00 per shirt (blanks). I'm not sure how realistic that pice is; I don't really have enough experience in custom shirt orders or with the destroyed style shirt.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could get a hand grinder and do them yourself.

A grinder? Not sure if you're pulling my leg here - again, I'm new around here. :)

How much would one of those cost and how difficult is it to use? I'm not sure that is an investment I'm wiling to make just for this one order... with the cost and the time I'd have to spend, would I be better off getting a custom order from Alternative?

·
Administrator
14,207 Posts
A grinder? Not sure if you're pulling my leg here - again, I'm new around here. :)

How much would one of those cost and how difficult is it to use? I'm not sure that is an investment I'm wiling to make just for this one order... with the cost and the time I'd have to spend, would I be better off getting a custom order from Alternative?
Not pulling your leg as this is one way to distress garments, but now that I know you need 1,000, grinding that many would be a nightmare.

Hand grinders are pretty cheap, $30 bucks or so at home depot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not pulling your leg as this is one way to distress garments, but now that I know you need 1,000, grinding that many would be a nightmare.

Hand grinders are pretty cheap, $30 bucks or so at home depot.
OK, gotcha.
Yeah, I can't even guess how long it would take to grind 1,000 shirts....too long.
I will keep this in mind in case a smaller, custom order comes my way.
Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts