T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working with someone on my t shirt designs - I have a great logo, close to having a finalized character, and a lot of neat ideas just need the right illustrator to put the ideas together in a format that will work on a T shirt. The character is animated - I need to know what a typical design rate is / per hour or flat fee until you come to an agreement? I'm already in the process of trademarking my ideas Just need an independent contractor to help move things along - quickly

·
2,957 Posts
Okay...I think I can help.

You say you already have a logo, ideas, and are close to having a finished character. I'd say you are almost there.

The creation of the character was probably your biggest hurdle. If I understand you correctly, you want someone to take your finished character and the ideas you have, and make them into something like a comic strip for your shirts. Putting your finished character in poses or situations that are dictated by your ideas? Am I correct? Close?

Why can't the person that is creating this character for you also do this? If they can't, you are not out of luck! There are many sites online that will let you post your project and receive bids from all sorts of providers. In your case, an illustrator. I have used www.ifreelance.com in the past, but there are many others. The price should not be much if the character is already created, and you just basically want a different pose of same character.

Let me know if this helps, or if I'm even on the right track.

·
2,957 Posts
heidiopickles, I don't know what kind of money you wanted spend on such a project, but the guy that created my character is excellent. I can pm you a detailed pic of what he did for me, if you like. He would probably be in the UPPER end of whatever the "average" someone would charge, though.

He is doing some different poses for my character for my website.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are definitely on the right track, thanks so much for your quick response. the character design is 99% there and yes I do want to put the character into different situations. I am trying to use the designer of the logo/character however it's taking a bit longer than I'd hoped. I'm not sure I want to post the logo / character to a website even though I'm going through the Trademark registration. Or don't you have to show any designs? I have a drop dead date of 4/27 for having my website complete as well as all my t's printed for a festival I'm selling at. YIkes I'm so tight on time it's scary.
Comin'OutSwingin said:
Okay...I think I can help.

You say you already have a logo, ideas, and are close to having a finished character. I'd say you are almost there.

The creation of the character was probably your biggest hurdle. If I understand you correctly, you want someone to take your finished character and the ideas you have, and make them into something like a comic strip for your shirts. Putting your finished character in poses or situations that are dictated by your ideas? Am I correct? Close?

Why can't the person that is creating this character for you also do this? If they can't, you are not out of luck! There are many sites online that will let you post your project and receive bids from all sorts of providers. In your case, an illustrator. I have used www.ifreelance.com in the past, but there are many others. The price should not be much if the character is already created, and you just basically want a different pose of same character.

Let me know if this helps, or if I'm even on the right track.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I've also used designoutpost.com, elance.com, guru.com to find great freelance artists to take my design idea/characters and make them reality.

I think designoutpost.com has the best format, because you get so SEE (and comment on) the actual design proposals from the various artists before you choose the "winner" for the project.

CastleMelody.com is also good at creating character illustrations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey comin'OUt I would really appreciate anything you can provide to me. Like I said I'm a bit desperate - i have this timeline in my head and I really need to stick to it. it's worth looking at. thanks again for the response

1 - 7 of 7 Posts