T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HIX N-800 PNEUMATIC AUTOMATIC AIR HEAT PRESS 4 T-SHIRTS! TRADE FOR????

I'm in the market for a new press. I've been borrowing a 15x15 manual Hix up until now. I need 16x20 or larger and I'd love an auto open, but another manual would be ok. I saw this locally on Craigslist. It's a name brand, but it looks pretty darned old. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old is not necessarily a bad thing. I have several pieces of old equipment that I bought and use. Just make sure to thoroughly check it out. Make sure it is heating evenly and all adjustments work appropriately.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Looks ok. Don't forget that it requires an air compressor. If it checks out you can probably get it for $450, or less.

·
Registered
492 Posts
HIX N-800 PNEUMATIC AUTOMATIC AIR HEAT PRESS 4 T-SHIRTS! TRADE FOR????

I'm in the market for a new press. I've been borrowing a 15x15 manual Hix up until now. I need 16x20 or larger and I'd love an auto open, but another manual would be ok. I saw this locally on Craigslist. It's a name brand, but it looks pretty darned old. What do you guys think?
Call me cynical but this ad has a "used car salesman" tone to it that turns me off. I suggest calling Hix tech support to get a track history on it, parts availability, etc.

If you want a 16x20 name brand press and are OK with a manual one, I'd look at the Hix SM20E swingaway for about $900, delivered. It does not have a built in thermometer but it will be brand new with a full warranty and a long service life ahead of it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas guys.

If I did go and check this press out, what should I look for?

How long should it take to heat up? (Comparable to the Hix 15x15 I am borrowing now?)
Obviously IR thermometer to check that the heat is even.
How can I "test" even pressure?

Anything else?

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Should heat in 15-20 minutes. I would suggest taking a couple of transfers to test.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He posted it on ebay(again) for 399.

In other news, I can't find much info on this old n-800 model. Anyone want to help explain. Is it fully automatic? You push the lever down and then it takes it the rest of the way? Just curious on how it functions compared to other fully automatic presses.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to say that I got my heat press. Works great.

Also, after calling HIX (in case anyone ever needs this info), the carry parts for thew whole machine except the pillow underneath, though there is a man they know of who has designed a replacement. Also, there are two pneumatic arms inside. The further in one may or may not be serviceable. If the tube is crimped on, then no, if it has a unscrewable part, then yes. That's what I've learned. Hope it helps someone in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts