T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please excuse any fumbling I may do.

Most of the ladies' t's I've found don't have the long length, fitted style I'm looking for. I want a t shirt that doesn't ride up and show your stomach when you raise your arms over your head. The closest I've seen is Bella #8701, which almost had the length, but I found the fabric weight too sheer, and the sizing too small. A Hanes shirt (silver?) had the length, but was too boxy for my needs. Does anyone know where I can find a short sleeved t-shirt that has a fitted style, a heavier weight fabric (sorry, I don't know weights yet) and a longer length (26")?

Thanks so much!

-Hestonian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, govtissues. You're right, that shirt is a little thinner than I was looking for, though the length is great. I have found a couple of online sites that seem to have what I'm looking for (women's t shirts with lengths over 26 inches). I ordered some to see if they'll be long enough to suit my purposes. The problem is; these are small companies who have had the shirt manufactured for them, and only sell individual pieces to the consumer. I don't think they'd be willing to share their sources with me. If it turns out that I love these shirts and they're exactly what I'd like to put my designs onto, what can I do besides paying $18 apiece for them? If I truly can't find any source that is comparable (and I've looked at Gildan, Hanes, American Apparel, and just about every other place that's been mentioned on these boards) can anyone suggest what my next step might be?

Thanks so much!

-Hestonian

·
Registered
3 Posts
I, too, hope that someone can find a good shirt for you. As a mom of three, I'd like to hide the tummy (especially when lifting my arms!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My search continues....

I did find some longer length t's, but the shirts (from two separate companies) didn't have any RN's. I spoke with someone with one of the companies, and she said that they didn't yet sell wholesale, and she wasn't about to tell who their manufacturer was.

Let me know if anyone out there has had any luck finding a shirt like this. I'll post again if I ever have any success. I'd like to be able to print on something eventually!:)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
eightonecube said:
all shirts have RN number??
No, but most shirts sold in the US do.

To legally sell a shirt in the US (and most other places, but the laws are different for each country) it must contain a permanent label that has several pieces of information (such as care instructions, country of origin, etc.).

One of the things it must have is either the full name of the company or an RN (you could have both if you wanted, but there's no need). The full name would be something like Joe's Clothing, Footwear, & Textiles of Canada, PTY LTD - but that company may just be known as "Joe's Clothes" to its customers, and not want the full name to have to go on a tag. By registering for an RN the companies information can be publically known, without them having to fill a tag just with their name. It's all about being accountable.

So while not all shirts sold in the US are required to have an RN, the practical reality is that most legal shirts do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd look through the American Apparel general catalogue if I were you. I got a couple of tshirts from Threadless recently :)rolleyes: ) and they use american apparel tees for the female models. I found them quite long for what I'm used to (a little too long for me actually) but posted a thread on the forum on this question and people generally like them exactly because they cover that extra bit...

Hope that points you in the right direction!

- Annie

·
Registered
263 Posts
eightoncube your correct and I agree... tunic length shirts are in style now but the trend is fairly new so allot of these 'blanks' makers don't have them yet. I found Bella did but as mentioned above too sheer and slimfit. Article1 has a beater tank in tunic length if anyone needs that.

If someone has some additional info on this please share. Also looking for this particular fit/item in a premium quality and substantial weight.

Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
edit to above statement.. when I said 'new' I meant 'retro style coming back from the 80's' ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
FYI... just found this if anyone is looking for a V-neck in the longer length style. Item is by Distric Threads. Not too familiar with the brand but they call it their "perfect tee" and base that on the 4.3oz weight.

District Threads

If anyone has experience with this brand please drop your 2 cents. Not so much liking the V-neck myself but looks promising.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey, I checked out TSC. They seem to have pretty good prices and I checked out the Style#0213tc tee and it looks like exactly like what i was looking for...Plus they are located in CA, which works out perfect for me...I had made a similar post to this one the other day and stumbled across this one today. Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yea, just a word on the District Threads tee... I did not like the material. It felt stiff and rough. Side note the American Apparel 2102's are actually a little longer cut but not quite tunic length. If you want a "slightly" longer cut thats an option as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts