T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make a logo for my company but having a hard time. What do you think of this one? Suggestions please. Any other ideas would be great. I am gonna be doing car decals, custom heat transferred shirts and stock transfers. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you are going to do more than just t-shirts i would leave the tees out of the name. Pick a name and logo with something custom imprinting

·
Registered
414 Posts
If Tee's are the main focus then its cool but like Phil said try to make it have to do with custom printing

Im in the IE too
work in Ontario Live in San Bernardino

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your logo is strong and will be very recognizable (especially in solid black and white and reduced in size for your letterhead). I'd give it some additional kerning between the "e"s, they're a tad too tight together. Good Job! :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like the logo... i might change the text to something all encompassing though...

IE Custom Designs... etc

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback. Im thinking about changing the "Tees" part because I am gonna be doing more than just tshirts so any other suggestions to replace that? Or changing the whole name?

Does anybody on here design logos? Maybe you can make a quick one or throw some ideas my way? I just need some inspiration. Lol. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
i agree with most of the responders. it depends on what you consider to be a logo. anything can be one. just type. type w/ a graphic. or just a graphic. go to you library or look online at famous logos/tradmarks etc. and out of the ones you like see how they incorporated their 'business statement' into their finished design.

coke's logo is a special typeface. you would recognize mcdonald's even w/o the type. look at some of your competitors and see what they are trying to do to make their name standout. i don't understand the inland empire jargon (city within the woods?) but if you're a one man shop working out of your basement don't have a graphic of a factory. it'd be better to show you over a hot press or running with a tee in your hand etc. sometimes just type is cool too. -peace.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think changing the name is a good idea. We started as an embroidery shop. As things have moved along we are now handling a lot of law enforcement supplies and equipment. Not to mention all the promotional items for different companies. Our name does not lend itself to letting others know that we do all of those things.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
i like the idea of using just the word empire (w/o inland). you could then go with empire designs. get or create a graphic of a crown and place it above the type. bam. you're done. i'd use different fonts for the text.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i like the idea of using just the word empire (w/o inland). you could then go with empire designs. get or create a graphic of a crown and place it above the type. bam. you're done. i'd use different fonts for the text.
Thanks alot that sounds like a good place to start. Empire Graphics or Designs sounds better. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Chris..the words "empire Graphis etc seems to be to be good choices for a company name/website but I think a logo should be very VERY simple and does not necessarily say what you do, but be one that will become readily recognized....just like the Nike 'swoosh' or other symbols that identify companies.. In my case, I use a star with trailing tails like on my avatar or as with another site I have which is 5starzdesign..the logo is overlapping stars in alternating colors with a large in the center.. Maybe I am off the mark but I want a logo that is simple...easy to use in transfers, vinyl, rhinestones etc..and sets me apart... My company is bydesign advertising... and my logo certainly does not reflect the name...but still becomes easy to recognize.

I like to hear the thoughts of others on this idea...maybe I am waaay off but...probably not going to change

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would have to agree that the t-shirt in the logo is limiting. I would focus more on the overlying talent which appears to be custom embellishing. You can apply that to many means. Additionally I would look at the market you are in and hitting. If its near a college I would lean towards college color schemes and bold logos. If you are smack dab between upscale shops you might want to keep that logo thinner and elegant.

As for the type.. I think you need to make it your own. Sure start with something you find on dafont.com or even a helvetica.. but then take it and tweak the kerning and spacing. pull some tails out or extend a letter.

Last bit, if you do decide to go with the shirt.. you might consider some cleaner lines. The broken lines of the shirt make it look clip art-ish.

Kudo's for tossing this one out to the wolves (that group).. hope this is helpful.

Cam
Rj Dollen

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I have tees in my company name. When hearing it aloud, only about 50% of people get it right off the bat, about 25% assume I sell adult entertainment and the remainder are clueless. The benefit is that when people see it in print they get it immediately. There are a few others in the area that have names like John Doe Designs or Your New Image and when you see or hear the name without context they are mystery companies. I'm a big believer in your name giving a clue about your business.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
i don't disagree with any ideas the posters are throwing at you, i just think that if the word "empire" is anyway available in your co's name jump on it. i immediately thought of a crown and from there you can go in many different direction.........."king of custom tees' etc.

the idea of have a line of text or just one image is great, but you don't have the global marketing team of nike behind you. you'd have to give away so much stuff and have to schmmooz so much a**, it's not even comparable. besides they have a product now that you can go to a store and pick up in your hands.

a star with swooshes is a cool graphic but i see those same graphics on trucks going down the highway, do they distribute tsirts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Suggestions please. Any other ideas would be great. I am gonna be doing car decals, custom heat transferred shirts and stock transfers. Thanks in advance
If you're doing more than T's I'd also agree with others to use a better name. Personally, I like the name Empire...'Empire Graphics'.

Whatever you do, keep your logo simple and clean. Less is more. I like the idea mentioned above with the crown...you could use a cool stylized crown, text big and bold, centered below...nice and clean...easy to read.

I've got over 17 years experience in logo design/graphic design. Be sure to start out with some sketches and only work in black and white. If your logo works in black and white...then, and only then, should you start adding color. I'm a minimalist...I like 2 colors for a logo. Too many colors and it starts getting too busy, not to mention it's more costly to print.

If you need some help you can check out my website for a number of logo examples.

Oh...and don't be afraid to spend some money for your logo. Pay a professional if it's not really your cup of tea. Afterall, a professional logo will project a strong, positive image for your business. I mean, if you were looking to hire a business and you were looking at two cards, wouldn't you be more likely to call the one that looks the most 'professional'?? I've been in this business a long time and seen too many companies go cheap with their image and it just doesn't do well for them.

Hope my advice helps you out. Best of luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you're doing more than T's I'd also agree with others to use a better name. Personally, I like the name Empire...'Empire Graphics'.

Whatever you do, keep your logo simple and clean. Less is more. I like the idea mentioned above with the crown...you could use a cool stylized crown, text big and bold, centered below...nice and clean...easy to read.

I've got over 17 years experience in logo design/graphic design. Be sure to start out with some sketches and only work in black and white. If your logo works in black and white...then, and only then, should you start adding color. I'm a minimalist...I like 2 colors for a logo. Too many colors and it starts getting too busy, not to mention it's more costly to print.

If you need some help you can check out my website for a number of logo examples.

Oh...and don't be afraid to spend some money for your logo. Pay a professional if it's not really your cup of tea. Afterall, a professional logo will project a strong, positive image for your business. I mean, if you were looking to hire a business and you were looking at two cards, wouldn't you be more likely to call the one that looks the most 'professional'?? I've been in this business a long time and seen too many companies go cheap with their image and it just doesn't do well for them.

Hope my advice helps you out. Best of luck! Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks for the advice. I looked at some of the work on your site and it helped.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts