T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking at diversifying and increasing my portfolio to include Logo vinyl car stickers.
Now I have been doing a little research to see if this is going to be viable. Early indications seem to indicate that there could be some profit in this sector, but I do have a few worries, the main one being the big Copyright issue:rolleyes: I hear your shouts 'Not this one again'!
Now the guys which are making these this 'side of the pond' appear to write a 'Disclaimer' into the 'Terms & Conditions' page on there websites 'Shifting the onus' onto the customer to gain permission from the Copyright owner to display the logo decal on their vehicle:confused:
One or two also appear to appeal directly to the Copyright owners to contact them if they do not wish them to produce and sell their logo.
Now I know about all the hard work, money, time & dedication it takes to build a 'brand' but what harm will I be doing them if I produce a GOOD QUALITY vinyl decal for my local 'boy racer' to stick on his 'pimped-up' ride (I think this is the expression you use out there!)
Surely at the end of the day, it's free advertising??
Ok, hard hat is on, your thoughts please!

Regards
Phil

1 - 1 of 1 Posts