T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about making a business mainly on the web were new businesses could pay for me to make them a logo. Mainy places call our shop all the time asking if we could make them a logo so I was thinking I'll make a site just for that.

I'm just wondering how could I make them pay online. Sending a money order or somthing would work but people just like to put in the credit card #. I definetly want to use PayPal. And also people could steal the logo when I e-mail them the logo ideas.

How do I set it up were they could pay a deposit then once I make a logo they like they could pay the rest?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I lot of people do a very low resoltuion image and then they have their web address going across the hole image, that way its basically useless until you pay and then you get the bigger image.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Twin85 said:
I lot of people do a very low resoltuion image and then they have their web address going across the hole image, that way its basically useless until you pay and then you get the bigger image.
Fo sho... watermark it until you get payment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, you should definitely have a clear policy about upfront payment. It's standard with most services or anything you purchase. I wouldn't even bother with deposits or balance dues, because what will happen is you'll spend a lot of time babysitting outstanding accounts, very frustrating. Most folks are basically honest and it’s often an oversight, but you’ll end up loosing some money from the dishonest customers. Believe me I've learned the hard way and who can afford not to be paid? Hate to sound so negative, but it's business and easier to require payment up front and it will eliminate an extra sucky job for you.

I just had some banner ads made from a banner company and they required a full upfront payment, and that’s okay with me. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts