T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the t-shirt business. I want to ask local shops to carry my products. How would I approach a shop abou this, i don't have good communication skills? Also, how much would I charge?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi, I am a former retailer ( 30 years) and I have found the best approach is to sit down and write out what your going to say.. a script so to speak.. Hi, my name is..Blah.. I represent the Blank tee shirt company.. which also happens to be my company (Wow they are talking to the owner) I would like to show my product line to you if you have the time or if I could set up an appointment...Martina the one thing you need to do is let your product sell its self.. Make sure you have wonderful samples. You may have several designs that go on one type of shirts so here is a suggestion for all of you.. if you have a tee where you made a mistake.. cut it up into at least 12 x 12 squares. You would be surprised how many you get from one tee and place your designs on them and then attach the designs to a cardboard backing. Also have a nice brochure with pictures and your information to leave with them. Oh and be presentable. Don't think because you may be talking to a owner of a store in jeans that it is OK for you to look that way.. Don't look fly by night.. Also think positive.. If they say no.. and they will don't put your tail between your legs and drop your head and walk out. simply say thank you for giving me your valuable time and I hope we can talk some time in the future.. even if they said no.. leave your information.. Lou

·
Registered
265 Posts
I Lou is right on! I own a retail store, the only thing I would add is to visit the store before hand (if possible) to have an idea of what they currently carry and what you could add to their store. Personally, I'm always looking for new merchandise to carry. I would imagine I'm not alone....so good luck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
TheJunkyard said:
I Lou is right on! I own a retail store, the only thing I would add is to visit the store before hand (if possible) to have an idea of what they currently carry and what you could add to their store. Personally, I'm always looking for new merchandise to carry. I would imagine I'm not alone....so good luck.
looking for new merchandise huh? ahem ahem....

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
yeah I got a spark on that my self... I think Keely opened herself up on that answer, but hay.. Keely look at my product.. In all seriousness it goes without saying you should know the type of stock a store carries beforehand.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree....it should go without saying....but you'd be amazed at the amount of people have I have come in to my store to sell me product without knowing anything about the store. Its annoying and frustrating all at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts