T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we started our business we got flooded w/ direct marketing - postcards, offers, etc. How do these people find out about all the new businesses? I've seen companies that offer this service but when I did a trial and searched their DB, our company wasn't even listed so how up-to-date could they be. Is there a free database somewhere? County office? Anyone know?

Also, is it appropriate to ask for critiques of direct mail material on the forum? I have a postcard I'd be interested in getting feedback on before I have it printed.

Heather

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Heather, if you had to register your business locally with the local chamber of commerce (like for a business license or doing business as statement), they may have gotten your name from there.

Check out www.accudata.com (they sell various types of direct mailing lists that you can narrow the targeting based on many factors)

I also would check with your local chamber to see if they rent their mailing lists. They are a good organization to keep in contact with as well because it can get you involved more in the the local community and find events you can sponsor or provide tees for.

I got invovled in a local non profit because they had a cause I wanted to help out with. They said they wanted to print some t-shirts, so I let them know it's a service I could provide and gave a bid...that turns into a lot of word of mouth advertising.

Also, is it appropriate to ask for critiques of direct mail material on the forum?
Sure thing :) Feel free to post it in the Site Reviews/Design Reviews section of the forum here:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
badalou said:
Check your local news paper for new factitious names for business. You get them before they open their doors. Usually that is the first stage of opening a business.
Idaho doesn't have that requirement.

I have a list from the Chamber but it's not "new" businesses. I figured a good campaign would be to go after the new guys that don't have an established printer. Maybe get a bigger bang for my buck.

Thanks!
Heather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts