T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I own a startup t-shirt company and were thinking about doing a local car show which is expecting some 60,000 people across two days. Im concerned whether or not it is the right event for us. We do "tattoo" and motorcycle type shirts and rockabilly button up shirts. Our tees are priced $12-15 but our button ups cost us $23 (we just resell them) and we usually resell them for $35-40. If we resell the shirts, will they be out of the price range for a car show?

I'm concerned that this will be a large up front investment for us that may not be profitable.

Anyone have thoughts and/or experience selling at car shows? What products are sold and what are price averages?

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree making the custom shirts and hats go over really good at festivals. I have always wanted to do a easyrider rodeo. .... JB

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you print at the show or take shirt with you already made up?
I have found that taking photos of the cars and printing them went over well if you are printing on site. Is this an old car show? what type of cars?
We were planning on preprinting the shirts and taking them with us. The show allows any cars '74 or older. At this time we aren't prepared to do the photos and print/press at the show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts