T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

We have bought our first plotter and now trying to understand how to use that thing. As we never used them before the decision was made to buy a cheap one and play with it. The plotter is LIYU TC631e with optical eye and the software is SignCut Pro.

If you know anything that might help me become more clear in how to use the plotter then please shed some light!

1) I tried to find answers on the forum, but haven't found how to do a contour cut (of the complex image and etc). If anybody has a step-by-step guide or know where I can find one it would help me a lot.

2) How the plotter knows what paper size I have loaded (a3,a4, roll...) if I can't change settings in the SignCut and how can it know where he should start to cut( the paper can be loaded anywhere on the cutting line, isn't it)?

3) I have found out that I can't configure the LIYU in the SignCut using the USB wire, and that means I can't do the contour cut. Looking further, what software should I use in order to be able to utilize all features of the plotter? Is there any major difference between SignCut, FlexiCut,CoCut and SignBlazer?

4) As I understand, the plotter is working only with vectors. To make vectors and to transform pixel images (jpg) to vectors I can use one of the following programs: Illustrator, CorelDraw, Inkscape? Can I use ONLY Illustrator and then send the image to the cutting software or I will need other programs too?

Unfortunately, I have a lot more questions, but I hope I will find answers for at least some of them.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi i have the same without optical eye, so really cant help with that, your right that you can only use svg images, signcut is the cutting software, i usually do my drawing/converting in either serif draw plus or
corel draw then save as svg and import to signcut to actually cut the image. Corel Draw has a plug-in for signcut so can send directly from there.
The plotter will not know the size of paper i'm thinking you mean if you print a design then try to contour cut? when you get the optical eye set up it will know this from the registration marks.
You may need to get the serial adapter for the cutter to work with the optical eye, another alternative is to buy a serial card for your pc, which is probably a cheaper option if you have a spare slot in your pc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.