T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi any one got any thoughts on this. I had a few posts on here posing questions about using tiffs placed over the top of ilustrator artwork for fine gradient fading effects. Also using bitmpas of artwork saved as tiffs from photoshop using diffusion dither and halftoning. Is there a reason why no one suggests for ease of file handling that these tiff and bitmpas could not be traced pixel for pixel in with live trace in illustrator, wouldnt this just be exatly the same effect but a lot easier ?is it harder to make screens like this? am i missing something, thnaks for any suggestions, andy

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnaks for the input, i know how to do all that,its not really the artistic processes as such, its the reasoning behind using one way and not another. im just asking really why not many people seem to do it considering threads ive read on here about halftoning and bitmapping(its never really mentioned). Is there benefits of tiffs for making screens ahead of pixel for pixel traced bitmapped vectors that im missing, Im a designer not a printer you see and im a designer that isnt the best with file handling, thanks

· Registered
122 Posts
One reason is how your computer and your software rip is going to handle both images.

All the different points and complex shapes that would result from a "pixel for pixel" trace of a complicated image would probably crash a lot of equipment or at least take a long time to output I am thinking photo traces.

If using bitmaps gets you a great quality print. You have a lot of choices on how you want to do a halftone too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.