T-Shirt Forums banner

Little help with this image how would you print this?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DCScreenPrint 
#1 ·
Hello all

An image I need a little help with

How would you tackle this one

I have a ranar elite 6/6

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The picture is a little blurry but it looks like 6 spot colors.

Option 1. Use 6 spot colors. Only if it is worth doing (large run)
Option 2. Use 4 color process. Cheaper to produce but I pefer solid colors like option 1.
Option 3. Print and die cut heat transfer. I would do this for a small run.
Option 4. Direct to Garment printing. If you have a DTG printer of course.

#3 ·
Seeing that is on a light color you could use either 4 color simulated or use a transfer such as JPSS just trim as close as possible. if your worried about stretch you could as try Elasti-jet . both have worked well for me an last longer than the shirt.

#9 ·
Although its simple art, there's a lot going on with the colors and could be a nightmare within Illustrator. Looks like a candidate for a custom Index Separation.

These are very easy to do and print and I'm fairly sure this could be done nicely with six colors.

Start out in Photoshop with your art at 180 - 200 dpi. (200 is ideal for this art) You'll need 280 mesh minimum to hold the bitmaps at that file resolution with index. If done at 150- 160 dpi, 230 mesh could be used although clarity will begin to suffer as its not a photographic or pastel style image.

Using Index will keep the image nice and bright which may not be the case if deciding to go with CMYK true process.

Good Luck!

#10 ·
I would almost want to have a digitally printed heat transfer made since the colors will need to be vivid to satisfy the customer and the 4 color process might make that a little chunky ... and that is more than 6 spot colors (black, brown, orange, red, yellow, light blue, royal blue, teal ... and navy??) so even with a color seperation you're going to get some funny colors that might not be exact (especially the red)

#11 ·
Thanks everyone I will be working on this image this evening and I'm sure I will contact you all if I need some help!

Hey Steve I've been looking into getting ultra seps! ... Anything to keep me from subbing out my artwork I'm trying to start handling the artwork myself .... Like this turd...hahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.