T-Shirt Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
There is a best (and more affordable) software: HOTFIX ERA (d-era.com).
This software is sold as standalone (rhinestone / sequin design), or it may be purchased with STITCH ERA LIBERTY (to produce multi-decoration designs).
This software is compatible with vinyl cutters (for stencil making) as well as motif making machines (Decor, CAMS, Libero, etc). It is ideal for those who are looking to grow up (it doesn't make you slave of a specific machine brand, and you may re-use all the designs on different machine brands & models).

· Registered
8,807 Posts
Be careful in buying the hit fix era system...when I spoke with a rep at the last trade show you needed to by tbe driver for your cutter, which about the same cost of the software. I saw it working and was not very impressed....but to each his own

· Registered
16 Posts
Yes, you are right.

The software includes many design and editing tools, but output options are not included by default.

It is important to select the right software configuration in order to earn money on unnecessary drivers covering all kind of machines.

If necessary, drivers for other machines can be purchased later.

Sierra Technology is offering demonstration systems (for a limited time) under demand. Those systems are full-functional, then there are no hidden risks.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have Corel Draw X4 and have used a basic ioline Crystal program I purchased in Long Beach ISS Show. But it is vary basic. I just purchased a little program from MACROMONSTER Its called (Rstone) for CorelDraw. A guy by the name of Jeff made the macro add-on for Corel $50.00 yah 50.00 dollars and well worth it. Work like a dream, if you screen print you can make you screen to fit perfectly along with you rhinestones. Compared to what I had it a bomb. Thank Jeff.

· Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes, you are right.

The software includes many design and editing tools, but output options are not included by default.

It is important to select the right software configuration in order to earn money on unnecessary drivers covering all kind of machines.

If necessary, drivers for other machines can be purchased later.

Sierra Technology is offering demonstration systems (for a limited time) under demand. Those systems are full-functional, then there are no hidden risks.
Claudio,

This is great news. I assume that we, your distributors, will be getting the information on how to offer this to our customers soon. I look forward to the update.

· Vendor
37 Posts
I have Wilcom, do you know how much the update cost if rhinestoning is in the update. Thanks.
Hi LatteMarie,

What version of Wilcom software do you have? The rhinestone tools come standard with an upgrade to the latest DecoStudio and EmbroideryStudio e2. Need to check prices with your Wilcom distributor.

For those who havent got Wilcom software, DecoStudio is the entry level software but has full functioning rhinestone capability and contains CorelDRAW graphics suite so it's well worth considering, even if you arent doing much embroidery.

· Registered
27 Posts
Thank-you for the info. Kristi! I do not own Wilcom, but was curious about the rhinestone portion since someone here mentioned it. It sounds like a nice addition for those that do own Wilcom. :)

Hi LatteMarie,

What version of Wilcom software do you have? The rhinestone tools come standard with an upgrade to the latest DecoStudio and EmbroideryStudio e2. Need to check prices with your Wilcom distributor.

For those who havent got Wilcom software, DecoStudio is the entry level software but has full functioning rhinestone capability and contains CorelDRAW graphics suite so it's well worth considering, even if you arent doing much embroidery.

· Registered
850 Posts
I have a variety of Rhinestone programs and find the latest release of Wilcom Embroidery software with Rhinestone capability has them all beat. Granted, if you do not have a need for High-End embroidery software it can be cost prohibitive.
To further complicate the choices I have the DRAWings Embroidery Software and they too next week will be releasing DRAWings Pro vX6 and it will have a rhinestone function... Basically the same program as the Janome branded Artistic Crystals. MSRP on Artisitic Crystals is $399.00 works with CorelDRAW... Same with DRAWings...

The Artistic Sewing Suite at $799.00 have the DRAWings Embroidery software built in and the Artistic Crystals and a Cutwork function... So honestly that is a pretty good price considering other Rhinestone only programs are at a similar price point... I do embroidery too so these are of interest to me as well.

In my honest opinion no rhinestone software yet does what we need... It's a fast moving marketplace with things popping up every day it seems... I think at some point it will settle down a bit though and the cream will rise to the top...

I'm probably going to invest in the $400 for my DRAWings software... And see how the software works... Worst case the rhinestone function is lousy and I have updated embroidery software as I've been using DRAWings since the day it came out.

There is not much info but there is some you can check out here:

Artistic Creative Products

Kevin

· Registered
36 Posts
I'm probably going to invest in the $400 for my DRAWings software... And see how the software works... Worst case the rhinestone function is lousy and I have updated embroidery software as I've been using DRAWings since the day it came out.
Kevin, how did this turn out?

· Registered
850 Posts
Kevin, how did this turn out?
I did purchase the upgrade... I certainly like the embroidery enhancements...

As for the rhinestone features... There are a few features I like but when I'm evaluating rhinestone software I have to look at for the money what other options exist and then of those which do I like best...

For the money... $299 on the street for rhinestone only functions is just OKt... I don't think it's "THE" answer but it has a very similar to workflow to CorelDRAW which I like because I know CorelDRAW pretty well... The one thing it does "special" and is very important to me is when adding stones it applies the stones to the path... I change the path and the stones follow the path and as I change the path the number of required stones will change automatically as well... That is a must for me...

If I didn't have CorelDRAW I would maybe recommend it based on the other available options out there... The only thing in it's price range I could compare it to is WinPC Sign... I like Artistic Crystals simply because it applies the stones to the paths... WinPC Sign does not...

Now that said... Artistic Crystals cutting compared to WinPC Sign... WinPC Sign wins hands down... Artistic Crystals can't select stones by size or by size and color... WinPC Sign can...

So for these reasons it's a software I think is worth mentioning... But due to some of it's limitations in this first generation of the software I think I would pass... I don't know how I would get any work done if I only had it to rely on for all my rhinestone design... It's fills are not really any better than other rhinestone software offers and for most the fill capabilities are important and there is nothing "special" in Artistic Crystals on that front.

Now HotFix Era does have some "special" fill options so it truly brings something new to the table but then is lacking in other areas...

So "THE" rhinestone software solution... Still escapes us... But in time these programs will get better and better...

Kevin

· Registered
2 Posts
I think I agree with David. Funtime and Winpcsign pro is from the same company..and if you are using Winpcsign, the sizes listed in the drop down dialog box is the measurement of the hole but the stones of that size will not easily brush in. with winpcsign, for a ss6, I will cut either ss7 or ss8...so the stones will go in easily and be easy to lift out. With DAS there is not a listing of sizes but rather you type in the size you want. example for a ss6, I will cut at 2.1mm. With R-Wear all the sizes listed are the measurement for swaroski stones which smaller. So when using R-wear I have created custom sizes that I use.
Do you like DAS, I bought and am still having alot of problems. Can not get GCC cutter to work. :confused:

· Registered
1,592 Posts
at this time rhinestone market is caos.
all cutter company make they own software.do not want share driver.
problem come from there.
1. knk.ace idesigner...--> all same program(engraelab)
they just trick driver for they own brand name.
2. smart cut pro? ---> it is co cut sign program.
3.funtime. winpcsign, finecut...---> all same plug in.

I do not like this caos market. because they are not special. all that from coreldraw.
what do you think photoshop work only epson print. paintshop work only hp. autocad work only samsung...
it is very funny... at this time most cutter have enough force througn same sandblust rubber.
hopely oneday someome make professional rhinestom template software like photoshop.
all software is very good but they need share to improve this world. do not just following money.
I saw one of best possible. it is corel macro. if they make more graphics icon for easy understand, that is best. main reason is most cutter support coredraw driver.
then we can buy any cutter(not only for rhinestone. for sign, for t-shirts, for screenprint, for bluprint,....)
let's make open this problem
this man knows what he is talking about.

· Registered
850 Posts
We are about to try to do Rhinestones. Was looking for a plug in for photoshop elements or a plugin for Corel draw 6 that works good. Anyone know of one ?

You can't create rhinestone patterns with Photoshop Elements but CorelDRAW X6 is a perfect choice...

There are several rhinestone Macros for CorelDRAW...

RStones 2 $49.00

rStones - rStones 2 overview

and DrawStones2 $34.95

Programs & Macros for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite: DrawStone2

Both are pretty basic and don't offer much in the way of training to use them and I don't mean that as a bad thing... It's just one of the limitations of most rhinestone software... There is very little "REAL" training available for any rhinestone software...

But both of these macros are great for easy basic designs... RStones 2 in my opinion is the better of the two but DRAWStone is no far behind... They are pretty equal...

Kevin

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.