T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
hey, is there anyone else out there that's using the ioline crystal press these days? i was thinking of getting one in the near future. i thought i would have attended a show this year and i would see them there. but, no such luck. if anyone else has recently purchased one...let me know what you think.

thanks!
Yes I purchased the crystal press II and have already sent it back..first off it didn't work with any of my stones (that I have 10's of thousands of), nor the pellosa or the swaraski (sp). So I called and they said I would probably be better off purchasing their stones..which I did. It worked one day, then stopped working..sent it back and they said the little mouth had dust in it and it had clogged the sensor and that now it works great..of course it would there are techs there. They refunded me my money, but made me pay, NOT to ship back to them..by the way 104.00 by fedex..but the shipping TO me..by the way $275.00 which is what they charge all their customers...hhmm handling charges almost 3 times more than the actual ship charges!!!! And they had the audacity to tell me that I actually saved $100.00 by not paying to ship back to them...so buyer beware..a little thing like dust can ruin a whole days production which is bad if you're trying to use this machine to pay itself off.

· Registered
5,448 Posts
Just a simple reminder.......if you are using the funtime software and you choose to cut a template for lets say, 10ss stones....dont! You will need at least 3 to 4 times a larger cut to actually place those stones and remove them within the template. The software doesnt know what you are trying to do so dont design in the stone size you are using but the size you are cutting.

· Registered
8,073 Posts
I think I agree with David. Funtime and Winpcsign pro is from the same company..and if you are using Winpcsign, the sizes listed in the drop down dialog box is the measurement of the hole but the stones of that size will not easily brush in. with winpcsign, for a ss6, I will cut either ss7 or ss8...so the stones will go in easily and be easy to lift out. With DAS there is not a listing of sizes but rather you type in the size you want. example for a ss6, I will cut at 2.1mm. With R-Wear all the sizes listed are the measurement for swaroski stones which smaller. So when using R-wear I have created custom sizes that I use.

· Registered
25 Posts
I think I agree with David. Funtime and Winpcsign pro is from the same company..and if you are using Winpcsign, the sizes listed in the drop down dialog box is the measurement of the hole but the stones of that size will not easily brush in. with winpcsign, for a ss6, I will cut either ss7 or ss8...so the stones will go in easily and be easy to lift out. With DAS there is not a listing of sizes but rather you type in the size you want. example for a ss6, I will cut at 2.1mm. With R-Wear all the sizes listed are the measurement for swaroski stones which smaller. So when using R-wear I have created custom sizes that I use.
Thanks, Charles for the information about the stone sizes versus holes to cut! I see that you have quite a few of the rhinestone software programs that are available. Do you have a favorite?

· Registered
10 Posts
I am new to the forum and this is a very informative list of information.
I have a small embroidery business and am considering adding rhinestone decoration as an option. My 1st question is what type of heat press is the best for rhinestone. I have been told that the clam shell might not give me a consistent even heating since the rhinestone might be different heights and the clam shell press has a hinged side (geo knight clamshell). I would like some advice regarding the "type" of press that would be best for rhinestone decoration. Is a 1500 watt 15x15 press sufficient or would you suggest the 16x20. Clamshell or swing-a-way? Thanks to all for your input.

· Registered
199 Posts
I want to get more into rhinestones. I've paid to have templates made for me and transfers too. My embroiderer just suggested I use a sticky flock system since I have a cutter. Does anyone know more about this? Or should I go another direction?

· Registered
8,073 Posts
Sewwhat.... I have been in this biz for over 10 years and have only used clam shell heat presses...I now have 3. I did start out with a 9x12 swing away...I have been doing rhinestones for 4 years and have no issues with doing transfers

Dog there is a thread that has info about sticky flock and rhinestones...I guess it is pretty easy but I have not joined the rush to use because it is just too expensive for me..I think it is around $20..give or take a couple bucks for an 18x12 sheet...so do the math...I think the originator of the sticky flock is at
My Shirt Connection, LLC - Bella M/C Rhinestones, Swarovski Rhinestones, Sticky Flock, Rhinestone Transfers, Hotfix Rhinestones, Rhinestone Templates, Rhinestone Cover sheets, Rhinestone Apparel, Stone Foam and More! but also there are some youtube videos like YouTube - Sticky Flock Templates for Rhinestone Transfers

also do a search on this forum

· Registered
2 Posts
Yes I purchased the crystal press II and have already sent it back..first off it didn't work with any of my stones (that I have 10's of thousands of), nor the pellosa or the swaraski (sp). So I called and they said I would probably be better off purchasing their stones..which I did. It worked one day, then stopped working..sent it back and they said the little mouth had dust in it and it had clogged the sensor and that now it works great..of course it would there are techs there. They refunded me my money, but made me pay, NOT to ship back to them..by the way 104.00 by fedex..but the shipping TO me..by the way $275.00 which is what they charge all their customers...hhmm handling charges almost 3 times more than the actual ship charges!!!! And they had the audacity to tell me that I actually saved $100.00 by not paying to ship back to them...so buyer beware..a little thing like dust can ruin a whole days production which is bad if you're trying to use this machine to pay itself off.

I realize this post was in November of 2010, but I'm really curious about the problem you had, basically al little more detail about how the machine was behaving when it was not working right.

I got the second generation machine, CrystalPress II towards the end of last year. I have finally been able to get to it to get it going.

Once I figured out the Crystal Studio (not user friendly in the design mode) I sent designs to the machine and have had nothing but problems.

The current problem sounds similiar to yours and is related to the C-stick I think. I have not been able to get it to set more than 3 stones before it goes ga-flooie.

So I was wondering if you could describe how yours was acting up.

Thanks in advance for your time, I look forward to seeing your reply.

· Registered
199 Posts
Thank you Charles! I checked out the links you gave but it wasn't advertised as a "System" like my embroiderer called it. I guess all I need is template material since I can design and have a cutter. What else would I be looking for in a system that I don't already have?

Thank you for the help!

· Registered
52 Posts
I realize this post was in November of 2010, but I'm really curious about the problem you had, basically al little more detail about how the machine was behaving when it was not working right.

I got the second generation machine, CrystalPress II towards the end of last year. I have finally been able to get to it to get it going.

Once I figured out the Crystal Studio (not user friendly in the design mode) I sent designs to the machine and have had nothing but problems.

The current problem sounds similiar to yours and is related to the C-stick I think. I have not been able to get it to set more than 3 stones before it goes ga-flooie.

So I was wondering if you could describe how yours was acting up.

Thanks in advance for your time, I look forward to seeing your reply.
Hi Gjelly,

I'm with Ioline and I'd like to help. First of all, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up? I'm NOT a tech guy, but I would say there are two possibilities.

First, we would need to know what kind of stones you are running. The CrystalPress II can run many kinds and brands of rhinestones that are not sold by Ioline, but not every kind or brand of rhinestone. Some are just the wrong shape for the cups that hold the stones. Now, if you got the stones from Ioline, that's clearly not the issue, and we need to get with you and get more info to diagnose it more closely.

Regarding the issue of dust, some brands of inexpensive rhinestones are shipped with a lot of manufacturing debris in the bag with the stones. This was the case that caused CCourtney her problem. Though we had built in a filter to deal with dust on the the CrystalPress II, the amount of dust we were encountering in the field was much worse than what we found in our testing in-house, so we have added an improved filtering system since then. If you do not have this update, we need to get that to you. Again, if you DO have the update, get back to us and we will work with you to resolve the problem.

Krusty

· Registered
38 Posts
Just an FYI for those that already have the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL2) program for their cricut or craft robo the newest version 2.028 now has the capability to convert images to a Rhinestone template. Keep in mind, that like funtime, you have to select a stone size 2-3 sizes larger for the stones to work in the template.

So far on my cricut for template material (green) that I got online I used a deep cut blade set to 3, pressure low, speed med. I then used the multicut feature in SCAL2, and set it to 3X and converted my graphic to rhinestones. This cut pretty well on my cricut and the low pressure with overcut gave pretty good round holes once weeded.

Nick

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gjelly,

I'm with Ioline and I'd like to help. First of all, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up? I'm NOT a tech guy, but I would say there are two possibilities.

First, we would need to know what kind of stones you are running. The CrystalPress II can run many kinds and brands of rhinestones that are not sold by Ioline, but not every kind or brand of rhinestone. Some are just the wrong shape for the cups that hold the stones. Now, if you got the stones from Ioline, that's clearly not the issue, and we need to get with you and get more info to diagnose it more closely.

Regarding the issue of dust, some brands of inexpensive rhinestones are shipped with a lot of manufacturing debris in the bag with the stones. This was the case that caused CCourtney her problem. Though we had built in a filter to deal with dust on the the CrystalPress II, the amount of dust we were encountering in the field was much worse than what we found in our testing in-house, so we have added an improved filtering system since then. If you do not have this update, we need to get that to you. Again, if you DO have the update, get back to us and we will work with you to resolve the problem.

Krusty

Morning Krusty, thanks for your reply.

You asked: "Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up?"

My machine was picking up the stones just fine. In my opinion, after it set them on the transfer paper, the sensors were not picking up enough light to tell the machine to get the next stone.

The pick tool kept pushing down on the stone it set, kind of like it did not get the message the stone had been set. It did not matter how many times I pushed the reset button, it would not move on.

Until I removed the stone from the transfer and hit the reset. Then it would move on, get the next stone, set it where it belonged, and start being naughty again.

I talked to the nice tech guys at Ioline and acually, my machine is at Ioline right now getting updated to the newest firmware, filters, etc.

As for the stones, I was running Ioline stones, but thanks for the dust info. I never thought about that, probably because it's so fine we can't really see it. I suppose a blast with some canned air on a new batch would help with that issue. Get the dust off so they will seal to the pickup tool and keep the dust down so the sensors will work at their optimum.

I think the people at Ioline are great. They are always helpful and nice and recognize the frustration experienced when a piece of equipment isn't working as expected. I just figure that any / all the fixes on this machine is going to make their next generation machine and software even better.

That's if for now. I need to get to work. Thanks again for your reply.

G.

· Registered
199 Posts
I ended up getting free samples from the company above and a friend gave me some Hartco stuff too. I found the flock stuff easier to use so I ended up ordering a starter kit. Everything showed up and I'm happy right now...

I'm heading to the ISS show in Long Beach so maybe I will see something else there too. The Iolone Rhinestone System Looks interesting. Hopefully they will be there?

· Registered
13 Posts
at this time rhinestone market is caos.
all cutter company make they own software.do not want share driver.
problem come from there.
1. knk.ace idesigner...--> all same program(engraelab)
they just trick driver for they own brand name.
2. smart cut pro? ---> it is co cut sign program.
3.funtime. winpcsign, finecut...---> all same plug in.

I do not like this caos market. because they are not special. all that from coreldraw.
what do you think photoshop work only epson print. paintshop work only hp. autocad work only samsung...
it is very funny... at this time most cutter have enough force througn same sandblust rubber.
hopely oneday someome make professional rhinestom template software like photoshop.
all software is very good but they need share to improve this world. do not just following money.
I saw one of best possible. it is corel macro. if they make more graphics icon for easy understand, that is best. main reason is most cutter support coredraw driver.
then we can buy any cutter(not only for rhinestone. for sign, for t-shirts, for screenprint, for bluprint,....)
let's make open this problem

· Registered
87 Posts
I have a variety of Rhinestone programs and find the latest release of Wilcom Embroidery software with Rhinestone capability has them all beat. Granted, if you do not have a need for High-End embroidery software it can be cost prohibitive.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.