T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on thread on here somewhere that some companies will send you samples of transfer paper to try out. I lost the thread (or pm from Kelly, sorry!) and not sure if sample is the right word for the thread (edit at will Rodney!), but I'm thinking of trying this out and want to see all the different papers. I think it was mentioned one person you pay $3 for some samples, and someone else suggested $20 for a pack of different samples.

Can we get a little list going of where you can go to order some different samples? Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You could go to Versatranz.com for samples of Plastisol, or directly to Stahls.com or ImprintablesWarehouse.com, you can google more of them if you want to. I think they request you Tax Id #, i'm not to sure about that.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just went down this list and requested samples and catalogs from each place. Some had a place on their website and others I just sent emails too. I received samples from at least 10 companies and never paid for anything. It was really useful to see the quality and get an idea of the differences in pricing. It also gave me a chance to see what kind of customer service they had as many of them had follow-up emails or calls while others never responded to my requests (some didn't respond even when their site had a place to request samples). Good Luck!

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t4095.html

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
the best place to obtain samples is by attending a *trade show*....I find.

in the event you need some quick, just ask kindly if they could send you a sample of what type of transfer you are planning on ordering. ;) :). That werkzforme!

in my past life (as rodney puts it) :D, we would give away a free sample transfer of their business name. But some would choose to order all product samples and pay for shipping. Fair enough, since they would get a deal in the event they placed a future order anyways. That year the free samples/order ratio was about 100/20...about. Not Bad.

btw: sample packs take a long freakin time to make...made some for HAUT cosmetics one time. Its boring making sample packs let me tell you. Yuhk.

:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts