T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

If you add a link to your site, BUT, that site does not add your link to their site, Does this still improve your chances of search engine views?

Darrell

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, jdr
I knew you would know this one. I should have just asked you in the first place!
The more I get involved in this, the more little things I don't know!
Thanks for the info.

Darrell

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Actually, some speculate that outbound links can also effect your search engine ranking.

It's pretty complicated how it all works, but having a good balance of links TO your site and links OUT from your site does have an effect on your ranking.

A direct link exchange (you link to me, I link to you) seems to have a smaller effect on your ranking than if you were linked to WITHOUT a link back (you know, the way folks *used* to do it before links became such a commodity).

It's good to have sites linking to your site because that's the way many search engine spiders find new sites. So if your site is linked to from dmoz.org, then it's more likely that yahoo, msn, google will follow that link and get your site indexed. So a link "exchange" can be good in that aspect, because if you have a completely new website, it can at least get the search engines looking your direction.

The more "one way" links you can get to your site, the better. For example, you come up with a witty t-shirt design and half the blogosphere decides to link to it, that can definitely have a big effect on your ranking.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rodney said:
Actually, some speculate that outbound links can also effect your search engine ranking.

It's pretty complicated how it all works, but having a good balance of links TO your site and links OUT from your site does have an effect on your ranking.
Not sure of Yahoo… but Google stated that external links have nothing to do with ranking. Maybe they’re trying to give their bots a break? Think about it. That would be insane!

Internal links have everything to do with rank! The theory is… your site is so popular or “relevant” to the information being sought that people are linking to you without reciprocation. I’m sure that was a few dances ago!

With the new personalized Google search… it’s really anyone’s guess!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Just pray for a Wall Street Journal article with your address, as Rodney got ;)

I'm sure that helps with the old Google.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Wall Street Journal article would fit very nice! I'll take one of those. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
monkeylantern said:
Just pray for a Wall Street Journal article with your address, as Rodney got ;)

I'm sure that helps with the old Google.
Just remember, the folks from the Wall Street Journal had to find me somehow ;)

Making sure your site can be found in the search engines can open up a lot more possibilities than just added customers :)

I've noticed a lot of t-shirt sites not taking advantage of this. They try to be cute with the design layout and product pages, but they could be missing out on a lot of sales and opportunities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys,
this is directed to all.
i want to find more links for my website. other than fashion, clothing and inspirations (for me its design, music and extreme sport) what other industries do you affiliate your shops with?

Tosh77

1 - 14 of 14 Posts